Two improvement ideas

Loving the game. Two improvements I would suggest, that I suspect would be not be too difficult to implement:

1. A medical for players you are signing. I picked up a guy who, as soon as he joined me, my physio suggested might be prone to injury. It would be great to have a physio report before the transfer is completed, giving you the opportunity to make the decision on whether the player is worth the risk. Since the game - and your physio - already 'know' the player's condition, this could presumably be implemented.

2. I would like an even slower speed option on matchday. 'Exceedingly slow' perhaps. Even on 'very slow' setting, I have to repeatedly pause the game if I want to take any kind of stock of my players' stats and ratings without missing commentary. Again, I assume this would be simple to add.

Loving the game. Two improvements I would suggest, that I suspect would be not be too difficult to implement:

1. A medical for players you are signing. I picked up a guy who, as soon as he joined me, my physio suggested might be prone to injury. It would be great to have a physio report before the transfer is completed, giving you the opportunity to make the decision on whether the player is worth the risk. Since the game - and your physio - already 'know' the player's condition, this could presumably be implemented.

2. I would like an even slower speed option on matchday. 'Exceedingly slow' perhaps. Even on 'very slow' setting, I have to repeatedly pause the game if I want to take any kind of stock of my players' stats and ratings without missing commentary. Again, I assume this would be simple to add.

Definitely agree with the first point. I signed this youngster called Brian Reed (AM R/L/C) from Derby - he had great stats for a 18 year old, but he's prone to injury icon_frown.gif

I also signed Andy Van De Meyde and he's walking wounded every other week too...although I should have realised he is injury prone in real life and not bothered signing him.

The medical one isn't really a fair point because the physio does do a medical before the player signs.

There are 2 different messages from the physio when he is worried about as player. One is that he says the player is carrying a specific injury such as a groin tear or a slipped disc, in these cases the player fails the medical and you don't sign him, alternatively there is another message which says the player is somewhat prone to injuries, this means there is no specific problem so therefore the physio couldn't possibly warn you before you sign the player.

I think it is a fair point Dave. If my physio has enough reason to believe a player is prone to injury the moment he signs for me, then he surely can offer that opinion before the deal is completed - ?

It could be as simple as the physio having a record of the player's past history. I have no way of knowing that as a manager, because seeing that a player has never managed 40 games a season is just as likely to mean he simply wasn't getting picked.

Archived