Acquiescing to players requests does nothing?

This is the second time this has happened to me in FM11.

At Newcastle. Signed Joe Lewis from Peterborough, and was mainly playing either him or Tim Krul in goal.

Got a message from Steve Harper saying he was unhappy, and wanted first team football.

I said 'OK', put him straight back in the first team and he's played 3 games in a row since then.

Then I get a message saying that he wants transfer listing because I didn't do what I'd promised.

How is giving him 3 games in a row not considered to be keeping my promise?

Very silly...

True, but you must've not played him for a game he felt was necessary. I am guessing after 3 consecutive games you dropped him?

What's silly is that you rotate between 2 keepers, but then the 3rd moans and you stick in right in.

Would Fergie do that?

True, but you must've not played him for a game he felt was necessary. I am guessing after 3 consecutive games you dropped him?

What's silly is that you rotate between 2 keepers, but then the 3rd moans and you stick in right in.

Would Fergie do that?

I didn't drop him. I was fully intending to keep playing him!

Once he moaned I dropped him like a hot stone, though! : )

Would Fergie do that?

Oh, and this is Steve Harper we're talking about, I'm managing Newcastle and I'm a Newcastle fan.

The man is a club legend.

If he comes to me asking for a few games after 20 years at the club, I'm going to do it, aren't I?

Oh, and this is Steve Harper we're talking about, I'm managing Newcastle and I'm a Newcastle fan.

The man is a club legend.

If he comes to me asking for a few games after 20 years at the club, I'm going to do it, aren't I?

****ing hell, till you posted this I had never really paid attention to Steve Harper. I had no idea that he has been at Newcastle since the early 90s. I also hadn't realised that it took him the best part of 15 years to get regular games.

****ing hell, till you posted this I had never really paid attention to Steve Harper. I had no idea that he has been at Newcastle since the early 90s. I also hadn't realised that it took him the best part of 15 years to get regular games.

Two words, Shay Given

Two words, Shay Given

Two more

Huddersfield Town :D

We tried to get him when we had him on loan that time... fantastic keeper, probably better than half of the last 4 or 5 England keepers at his best but he's never had look-in.. :(

Archived