Don't rate this competition as important

Could I recommend a tweak for this?

Based in England, when you reach a certain reputation, the board stop considering the League Cup to be important. This is totally cool, and reflects the general opinion of the big clubs in the Premier League.

But when someone has made a club big, in particular, a club that has a very empty trophy cabinet, surely they would still consider the League Cup important? I've only been getting top half finishes and occasional European qualification, so I think my fans would actually be delighted if I won the league cup.

So, what I propose, is that if a club hasn't won a trophy in the past 5 seasons, the board and fans will consider the League Cup to be important. We've seen that at Arsenal this season - their fans seemed genuinely excited about the possibility of winning a trophy, and Wenger put out strong teams from the start.

I'm pretty sure the fans do recognise it.

Anytime I've won the League Cup in previous FM's with United, I get the generic e-mails detailing the League Cup as fantastic achievment for the team.

Then the board congratulate me on winning the trophy. Just because teams arn't geared up to win it dosn't mean they don't enjoy it if they do.

How many teams at the start of the season say they wanna win the League Cup, It's either: Win the league, qualify for europe, avoid relegation. The way the League Cup is reflected in the game is spot on I feel.

I'm sure Arsenal wouldn't mind losing the league cup final also if they manage to come second in the league

I don't think its a fact that top Premier league sides don't think the League Cup is importtant more that it is lower in priorities. Ie/ League>Champions League>FA Cup>League Cup.

It is diffficult to play a full stregnth side in all comps so players are ofter rested for league cup games. In fact this also true for the FA Cup to an extent.

Arsenal, Birmingham, United(twice), Spurs (twice), Chelsea and Villa have competed in the last 4 finals so it is still clearly valued by the bigger clubs.

The Scottish, French, Portugese all have a 3rd domestic cup compettion, as well as minor leagues in Finland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Rep of Ireland, Iceland, Hungary, and Wales.

I'm pretty sure the fans do recognise it.

Anytime I've won the League Cup in previous FM's with United, I get the generic e-mails detailing the League Cup as fantastic achievment for the team.

Then the board congratulate me on winning the trophy. Just because teams arn't geared up to win it dosn't mean they don't enjoy it if they do.

How many teams at the start of the season say they wanna win the League Cup, It's either: Win the league, qualify for europe, avoid relegation. The way the League Cup is reflected in the game is spot on I feel.

I'm sure Arsenal wouldn't mind losing the league cup final also if they manage to come second in the league

Nonesense.

It would kick them whilst they are down to finish second in the league. Maybe if they were offered 2nd before a ball was kicked they would see it as an achievement, but now, winning the title is all they have left, and it is within their hands to win it.

Archived