Hyundai A-League Salary Cap

So it's the grand final now of my first season in change of Brisbane Roar. The season was interesting, then it went... Well...

So we failed to win in our first 5, losing 3 of them, then went unbeaten for the rest of the season. In the finals we beat Syndey 6-0 in Sydney and 6-0 in Brisbane (considering we'd only scored 4 goals once all season this is a bit odd) and now we're set to face... Sydney in the Grand Final... hmmm...

Should be an easy win then, surely?

In this years Finals, Brisbane repeated the semi-final result in the final.

They sure bloody did!!! What a game!

Anyhow, second season, no movement on the salary cap (not that I'd expect any). Also the Grand Final in the game was 4-1. That would hurt for Sydney, getting 16 goals past them in 3 games for only 1 scored!

Must've shown some bouncebackability in the other game (I know they all have proper names, but I have no idea - preliminary minor final or something) against a side on form to reach the final again then!

Is the A-League meant to have any better longevity on this years FM, or do the best players inevitably still leave for a pittance?

in my holiday experiments, the salary cap does change. however, ive only seen it go down, as in my games the league rep fell to 1.5 stars and australia began to struggle big time. so, its possible it can go up, if you can take the league up.

I don't think it changed from what I saw in a few seasons.

Just thinking logically; lets say the league rep can go up and the salary cap goes up.

Now lets say the league rep goes down, would the salary cap go down? Probably impossible to pay players less, would be a nightmare to do IRL and in FM.

The other option is that it goes up with inflation - but thats not part of the game, so no.

Or, its hard coded to go up yearly. Which I doubt is true, since I never saw it change.

BTW, real life HAL GF was great. Well done Brisbane.

I've seen posts from users indicating that the MLS salary cap does change - I would imagine the A League cap would work the same way.

About MLS look at this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/258323-MLS-Salary-Cap-Dynamic-in-11.3-.

About Hyundai A-League I test the same thing in first 4 or 5 seasons and Salary Cap only rise in the first year, in the others stay the same.

ive been watching my holiday game. in 2011 the cap was 1.7million. in 2030 it was 1.08million. in 2042, it was 1.7million again (US dollars, per year). it does change though ive only seen those two figures. it seems like it was at 1.08m for quite a number of years, but then it settled back to the original one.

the usa one seems to be all over the shop, a different number each year. ive seen 4.4m, 3.7m, 3.1m, its almost random lol

Lets hope thats what happens. the australian teams did poorly in my holiday game, two champ league final appearances in 30+ years, the aust national team did poorly too, missing out of several world cup appearances. so if you take the riegns of both, and make them dominate, it potentially may go up :)

Well I have a beastly Brisbane side half way through my second season, though 8 of my starting 11 players are wanted by other teams.

Interestingly enough my best goalkeeper is Redmayne, he averaged over 7.4 last season after covering for an injured Theo originally. He's not been as good this season, but still pretty good. If I can keep Vidosic, Nichols (who's been a beast too surprisingly), Galindo, DeVere and co for the Champions League I think I'm in with a shout!

Also, Australia are too terribly so I might apply for the job when Osiek gets the boot in a few international windows.

focus on getting your youth facilities upgraded. if you can get some talent coming in, itl make your job as national manager easier, and help drag the league up. also, try to maintain a squad of aussie players, only have the odd forienger to try to get them an aussie passport and then use them later for the national side.

the asian champ league is not particularly hard, you've just got to make sure you maintain repeated success to stop the league rep falling. also, try hard as possible to make it in the world club champ, cause that will help, but again its not just success, but consistancy

So, topped the group, got through to the last 4 after a heartstopping 4-3 win... Sucks to be them though as I won by an own goal in the 80 somethingth minute.

I've had to sell my 3 best players to make up the $6 mil and growing debt, but I think I've got the replacements. Operation 'Kick the crap out of that continent that people argue we're not actually part of' is entering its final stages. I'm also in the process of looking for a new person to come up with more imaginative names.

I've also lost my top goal scorer to a 2 month foot injury... Damnit!

I've also started to get confused by how the players decide how much they're worth... I mean I picked up Nathan Burns and Dario Vidosic for $1,400 a week, but random 17 year old rightbacks that aren't even worth my youth team want $2k+...

yeah the wages can be a bit all over the shop, when you're successful the players tend to demand more from you. thats why when you start winning these comps, its hard to keep the same squad together, due to the salary cap being there. i found that over the course of say 3 years id be lucky to have the odd player here or there stay on and re-sign.

with these champ league knockouts, go really defensive when you play them overseas. some of these teams dont look like much but they have really strong strikers, even the saudi teams, so theres always an opportunity to get them on the counter.

good luck dude!

in my previous a-league games i avoided non australian players (as it screws up your champ league progress) and older players. aside from a handful of older australian national squad members, i focused almost exclusivley on youth. my average squad age was 21. if you do that, the youth develop fast, and you'll find that the national team gets a lot better quickly because of it. however, because a lot of the other a-league clubs dont use youth much, you'll find that half of your squad gets called up when an international match is playing, and you can suffer big time in the league when it happens.

I've got a 17 year old attacking mid/ striker and a 16 year old midfielder, but I bought them both from the Mariners with some of the cash I got from selling off my best players early this season. They're both pretty good so far. Apart from that I haven't found any young-uns really worth giving too much of a go. I've brought David Carney, Nathan Burns, Dario Vidosic, Dean Bouzanic and Richard Garcia back now to fill in most of the quality in the squad for the Champions League.

I'm facing Shandong in the first leg of the Champions League (in Shandong). I'm currently trying to figure out how I should line up due to the only 3 foreign player rule...

I've got a LM, GK, DM and CB. They are the best at their roles too. I guess I'll go with Bouzanic in goals (as it was early in the season before the new kid arrived) and give the LM a go as I don't think Carney is fit enough for today.

After rollicking my way through Asia this game seemed a bit different. Good ol' Mitch got the goal for us though in the 70th minute... Sure they leveled it in the 90th minute, but I'll take a 1-1 draw away from home in the Champions League Semi-Final any day!

The 17 year old Chrissy Griffiths scores to send Brisbane through to the final 2-1 (agg.) in front of 27800 at Lang Park!

Old Shandong had the strangest formation by the end, they had someone taken off injured so they played 4-1-4, that's 4 at the back, 1 in the centre of midfield and 4 up front. I've seen 4-2-4, in fact Danny Allsopp as a manager exclusively used that in older FMs, but yeah... They had no midfield, we chewed up time just walking forward whilst they guys destroyed themselves legging it the length of the pitch over and over again!

The Final will be Brisbane Roar FC vs Al-Ittihad at the Naghsh-e-Jahan in Esfahan, bring it on!

Probably about right too...

Actually it's probably more like Brisbane and the Central Coast. I mean Brisbane has produced Vidosic, DeVere, Kruse, Zullo, Oar, Minniecon, Sarota, Cernak and such in the last few years. The central coast have the likes of Jedinak (well, he's actually pre-A-league...), Vukovic and now Amini and this Ryan kid. Actually the database people must have buggered that up, Brisbane are definitely the best producer of young talent the A-league has had!

But no, in the game the Central Coast seem to be pumping out the young talent. I seen plenty from Melbourne in my other saves though. Nothing from Brisbane though!

melbourne typically produce the best footballing youngsters, in real life and in my game. it makes sense, seeing there is multicultral diversity down there, and football and sport in general seems to mean a lot more to them. however, the main cities (sydney, melbourne and brisbane) are always going to produce most of the talent in the country anyway. add to that regional nsw.

Well, we're speaking of the A-league Era now and whilst there are a few good young footballers from Victoria, how many have come through the ranks there in recent times?

If we compare the A-League clubs for the Young Players (so at most say 19 or 20 when the A-league started) who have gone on to represent Australia since the start of the A-League:

Brisbane Roar: Dario Vidosic, Mitch Nichols, Michael Zullo, Robbie Kruse and Tommy Oar.

Sydney FC: Mark Milligan, Ruben Zadkovic, Nikolai Topor-Stanley

Central Coast Mariners: None

Melbourne Victory: Adrian Leijer

Perth Glory: Nikita Rukavytsya

Adelaide United: Nathan Burns, Scott Jamieson, Bruce Djite, Robert Cornthwaite, Kristian Sarkies

Newcastle Jets: Mark Bridge, James Holland

So that's Brisbane and Adelaide with 5, Syndey with 3, Newcastle with 2, Melbourne and Perth with 1 and the Central Coast Mariners without any, though that will change very soon...

be aware that a few of those came from victoria originally and only moved state to get into the top league. in the case of kristian sarkies, he started his a-league career at melbourne. you'd have to check to see where they all played their junior football.

melbourne typically produce the best footballing youngsters, in real life and in my game. it makes sense, seeing there is multicultral diversity down there, and football and sport in general seems to mean a lot more to them. however, the main cities (sydney, melbourne and brisbane) are always going to produce most of the talent in the country anyway. add to that regional nsw.

I'm from Melbourne, but thats a massive generalisation.

Obviously more talent will come from larger population centres. Thats the only link you'd probably find.

Also... Interesting match.

So it's the final, Brisbane - Al-Ittihad for the Champions League final, Brisbane losing their key left winger the match before the final.

Starts off all well and good, before the tackles starting flying in from Al-Ittihad, not one punished. Then one seemingly harmless tackle from Milan Susak near half way and... RED CARD! 10 minutes of course...

What's the best way to follow up a red card to your leftback you ask? That's Al-Ittihad putting it in their own net. Nichols screwed shot hits the post and their defender knocks it in for me! 1-0 to Brisbane after 18'!

Normaly service resumes and they just maul my teams legs including a tackle on halfway in the build up to a very neat finish from Ziaya. 1-1!

Evander Sno got a yellow and was in severe danger of being sent off. Having a 9 man team in the final didn't really appeal to me so I subbed him off for the 16 year old Goran Mikolaj, a new signing from the Mariners. Nichols gets one on one a few more times and misses horrifically! I sub him off for Vidosic who then with his first touches of the ball beats 4 players, turns and fires it out into touch from about 8 yards out!

Vidosic gets into the box again and... hits the post. It's with Carney, to Vidosic... GO... post, but it's back to Carney... out for a throw in... Fulltime!

First moments of extra time the ball falls to Matty McKay on the left without anyone between him and goal, it's McKay! MCKAAAY! Hits it completely the wrong direction.

Back to Vidosic, he plays it to Goran, crossed... GOAL FROM GARCIA in the 115th minute! But wait... no, offside... apparently...

Al-Ittihad now, about 5 corners in 5 minutes but to no real result. Hang on... on the break... Al-Ittihad nearly score... nearly... that's it for Extra time, time for Penalties.

So I have no good penalty takers. At all! Actually Goran here, the 16 year old isn't too bad, he's seems to know what he's doing, he can go first and since Chris Griffiths is my best one normally he can take the 5th.

Goran steps up: SAVED BY VILAR (Al-Ittihad keeper)!!

Al-Ittihad Score: 1-0!!

Politevich Scores: 1-1

Al-Ittihad Score: 2-1

Carney Scores: 2-2

Saved by Arredondo!!

MCKAY SCORES 3-2 Brisbane!

Arredondo saves again!

Griffiths to win it...

He missed completely...

Al-Ittihad Score, 3-3

Franjic scores - 4-3

Al-Ittihad Score 4-4

Vilars Saves!

This is for the victory for Al-Ittihad!

Arredondo saves!!!

DeVere scores! 5-4

Arredondo saves it to win the Champions League!!!

Brisbane 1-1 Al-Ittihad (5-4 p.)

What a match! It had everything, that includes rediculous misses. I particularly liked Vidosic's effort!

Club World Cup anybody?

Brisbane v Kashima Antlers

46' Franjic!! He ran the length of the pitch and scored his first goal for me... what a time to do it!

57' Susak own goal... 1-1

63' Mikolaj!!! The 16 year old's first goal for the club, and it's a "Banana Shot" from 40 yards! What a beast! 2-1!

67' Garcia from close range! Surely now, it's Brisbane's day and hopefully a juicy tie against European Cup holders Real Madrid!

84' Griffiths from 40 yards now! This is turning out to be quite some day for the Roar! 4-1!

Oh I'd also like to say... What the hell is with Hargreaves?! I tried to offer him a contract and apparently we're not good enough. Then what does he do... Retire... Yeah, awesome!

Jose fears DeVere apparently...

Wow... Brisbane v Real Madrid... This is rediculous! A full strength Madrid too... Help! Come on boys, how good can they be?

I'm not big on chatting with the media, but I can't help myself, I reckon Jose is a great bloke so I've told them that.

13" Long ball from Ozil... Over by miles, but a chance already. We kicked off!

16' Vidosic goes down, ITS PENTALY TO BRISBANE!!!!

Politevich scores!!! 1-0 Brisbane!

Halftime: Its actually about even overall. 50-50 on the ball, they've had more shots, but we've had more on target, and the only one that matters.

57' Freekick, DEVERE!!!! 2-0 Brisbane!!!!

70' Real Madrid are looking desperate and its showing, they've just shooting.

Fulltime: Brisbane 2-0 Real Madrid

What the hell was that?! That's the best team in the World?! Sure they are talented and their guys can run like cheetas but really, what were they doing? Final stats were:

Ball - Brisbane 46% - 54% Real Madrid

Shots - Brisbane 7 - 25 Real Madrid (15 in the second half)

On target Brisbane 4 - 7 Real Madrid (all 7 in the first half)

Clear Cut changes Brisbane 4 - 3 Real Madrid

Interestingly enough:

Fouls 10 - 17

Distance Ran 115.4 - 117

The telling stat in it all is the shots off target, they just looked like they lost it when that second goal went in. I think it was important that we were on the attack all 90 minutes. Also, DeVere was a beast!

Come on guys, one more game, against Pumas, where my new Goalkeeper came from! My guys are buggered though, so this is going to be hard, Franjic also got injured (and I made him play 40 minutes injured) against Real, so this will be very hard again!

I'd also like to ask who the hell made the decision to make us play a full what, 3 days after playing the game of their lives?! The team didn't have time to recover!

13' An own goal! 1-0 Brisbane. Ah, my old friend comes to help me again!

21' Griffiths!! Beast! 2-0!

28' James Troisi scores for Pumas, one of my former transfer targets! 2-1

31' Troisi again! 2-2! He's destroying the Australian teams dream!

Halftime: That sucks, but the team was the better side in the first half.

59' Pumas score... 3-2 to them, this time it's not Troisi at least.

85' GARCIA! 3-3! To think I didn't think he would be good on the left! Definitely a foul though, or just a bug in the match engine, not sure. Who cares though!

So it goes to extra time, my team are buggered but to come this far. Surely, if they can beat Real Madrid they can beat Pumas!

100' Troisi hattrick... 4-3... He's out to destroy the Australian's dream. Damn I wish I'd managed to get him now.

106' Troisi, off the bar!

107'Garcia again! 4-4!!! We can take this to penalties!

114' Troisi nearly does it again!

116' DEVERE!!! THE CAPTAIN PUTS US AHEAD WITH MINUTES LEFT! 5-4 to Brisbane!

119' Troisi goes too close for comfort after moseying through our defense.

120' Troisi gets past the last defender, round the keeper and puts it wide past the far post...

Brisbane win! Brisbane are the Champions, but wow! Troisi put on the performance of his life! That's unreal!

I kind of don't want to win the Asian Champions League again now, because I'd have to live upto this... How the **** did that happen?!

Up next, the North Queensland Fury...

That apparently has now made Brisbane the 3rd biggest club in Asia...

Surely the salary cap will go up!

Melbourne seem to be making noises about wanting high profile players shortly after getting a takeover, I think they may have a bit of coin to throw around...

This season the club went from $7 mil in the red to now $13 mil in the black!

The board are improving the youth facilities and such now for me and I've got a nice little transfer budget to get some young Aussie Talent in.

These international players are making all the difference though. I keep them for 1-2 years, sell them for profit and then get more. If they're terrible it's not too bad anyhow, because they can just rot in my youth side as I don't sign player if they want more than $2k a week!

Thanks to my other A-league friends though Australia aren't going to get much better anytime soon. They really need to pick up the slack!

So it turns out that the A-league salary cap is yet to go up... In the four season... Maybe this is the one?!

In any case I'm set to lose my star striker who I've had on loan for 3 years as he's finally decided that he's too good for the club... At least he's given us a good little boost up in the world.

How do you guys find the enjoyment of the A-League? Personally, I really don't find it enjoyable due to the poor implementation of the league. Hell, I am the Victory researcher so should find the league very enjoyable. I see a few of you have found that the salary cap is inflexible. well according to the players union the salary cap should raise AU$100k every year (http://www.pfa.net.au/index.php?id=81 and http://www.pfa.net.au/fileadmin/user_upload/_temp_/PFA_-_Minimum_Salary.pdf). You really shouldn't be having to guess when the cap will go up, it should be every year.

Another thing I don't like is that you can transfer between A-League clubs. It's against the rules so why is it in the game? (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000360-source.pdf part 9.3)

Probably my two biggest bugbears right now.

Archived