Is the transfer market working now?

How are you finding the transfer market since 11.3? So far it seems to be just the same for me and I still can't sell anybody. I've had six players up for sale for a long, long time and despite all of them having a 'wanted' icon for months (game time) I still haven't had one single bit of interest in any of them. I'm only a Blue Square North club but these players are all a pretty good standard for this level and in real life some clubs, maybe even up to league two level would definitely show some interest, I need to get them off my wage bill, any ideas please?

I’ve found it’s more difficult to keep hold of my players. Scott Parker was in demand from Spurs and Liverpool, but I denied both bids. Are the players you’re trying to sell first-team players, or just reserve rubbish? I’ve even found it easier to loan my youngsters out, sometimes even with a fee.

Did you offer them to clubs ? I find the transfer system pretty good. Got 26 million for a 34 year old Petr Cech !

I can get bigger transfer amounts if I enter clauses. Blackburn bought an unhappy Demba Ba off me for 12M plus 9M clauses.

I offer my players to clubs, but they are more or less important players, or they’re unhappy. Dead-wood gets loaned out, or released.

Did you offer them to clubs ? I find the transfer system pretty good. Got 26 million for a 34 year old Petr Cech !

Lol, that is not the sign of a working transfer system.

I’ve found it’s more difficult to keep hold of my players. Scott Parker was in demand from Spurs and Liverpool, but I denied both bids. Are the players you’re trying to sell first-team players, or just reserve rubbish? I’ve even found it easier to loan my youngsters out, sometimes even with a fee.

Yeah, there were hardly any bids for players in last patch. Now there is more interest, as per real life.

I haven't bought anyone yet, but i get the feeling it is working alot better.

atleast contract negotiations work now.

I think teams are slightly more interested in your players but I have a bunch of top players that haven't had offers in two years with the new patch now. Sometimes Real, ManUtd, City, Barcelona get interested but then don't even put in a bid worth the market value. At least AI clubs don't make all the same offer for the same player anymore and sometimes they even put in another bid if you reject the first one.

The thing with lower leagues is that now has any cash. If they do it will be like 7k max, I imagine that is why there are no bids getting made. I found that when I offered players to clubs for free (they were worth practically nothing and I wanted them off my wage bill) they would always come in with an offer.

The players I'm trying to sell are pretty decent and I do use them in the first team quite a lot when I have to, the main reason I don't is because they're all on quite high appearance bonuses. I've checked it out and the attributes of a couple of them are much better than a lot in league two, that's why I don't understand why I don't get any bids. I've even got them on the market as 'unspecified' value hoping to get just a couple of hundred if needs be.

I forgot to mention, I'm having no trouble what so ever regarding loans, both in and out, I just can't seem to sell anyone.

I'm 3 seasons in, I had 1 offer of zero for a player who had played in almost everygame, a few loan offers, which is usually the same club asking everyday for the same player even though you already said no 3 times. I'm in the blue square 2.

I dont expect too much down the lower leagues because the clubs that will be interested in my players probably wont have money to spend but

I hope it works higher up the leagues as it didnt work last year and thats what killed FM10 for me.

I'm 3 seasons in, I had 1 offer of zero for a player who had played in almost everygame, a few loan offers, which is usually the same club asking everyday for the same player even though you already said no 3 times. I'm in the blue square 2.

I dont expect too much down the lower leagues because the clubs that will be interested in my players probably wont have money to spend but

I hope it works higher up the leagues as it didnt work last year and thats what killed FM10 for me.

its much better up the leagues, not as easy as fm10 (which was too easy) but the balance is much better. now they just have to fix ai squad building

gotta say since this patch i cant sell anyone i put up for sale and when i do finally get an offer they ALL demand money to move. ridiculous!!!

maybe theres a sequence ive got to go through that we're all missing. if anyone knows it please tell. not even trying to get great deals ,just close to their market value will do

gotta say since this patch i cant sell anyone i put up for sale and when i do finally get an offer they ALL demand money to move. ridiculous!!!

maybe theres a sequence ive got to go through that we're all missing. if anyone knows it please tell. not even trying to get great deals ,just close to their market value will do

dont know who you are trying to sell, but i sold carrick brown and o shea for over their given value

I hope it's a lie, because as i said, that deal is not the sign of a working transfer system

yeah it is a lie! no doubt!

but in answer to your thread, mines much better now since 11.3...and i mean MUCH better!

now i actually get other teams bidding for my players once they are interested and getting good money too!

i was a big speaker on how bad the transfer system was on 11.1 and 11.2, so im very happy its fixed! well, for me anyway!

plus you have to remember, SI stated that the first couple of seasons clubs would be less inclined to spend lots on players due to the financial environment/inflated market just like real life...expect for clubs ala man city etc etc

I dont understand why st albans keep asking to loan my goal keeper every other day despite there being only 2 games left, they already have 3 fit first team GKs and I've already said no 15 times.

Edit: they asked me another twice even though there season finished last week and they dont even have any more games left.

I find I get alot more offers, which is annoying as I'm Wolves and punching above my weight. The bigger teams are all now trying to poach my best players, making them unhappy.

It is much more realistic though.

Don't forget, all the settings for each player's transfer status affect the bids you'll get. I was getting a ton of offers for my team (as it's young and overachieving; reputation plays a much bigger part in AI transfer decisions that human ones!) but once I set their asking price significantly above their estimated value, the offers went away (which also prevents the poaching issues; somehow, players don't notice that they aren't getting poached cos I'm asking over the odds for them!) You can also stop the incessant loan offers by setting the player to "The Club Do Not Wish To Loan This Player"

I actually preferred the transfer system on 11.2 as I found it easy to sell as i've mentioend in a few threads. Best season, I sold players for a total value of £195mil. Since the new patch, i've only sold a handful of players and it seems harder to get a good price for me. I have noticed more general interest in my players though.

To those getting plenty offers: How do you get them? Do you set an asking price? If yes, how many % if the market value? Or do you offer players out?

Prices sometimes seem locked down, Really annoying when 5 clubs are ALL offering the same amount.

Thas has changed for me in 11.3 - each AI club makes an individual bid now.

I've just finished a season with Spurs and the transfer system seems to be working pretty well there: I've had some tempting offers for key players well over their official value and I've been able to negotiate some offers for fringe/rotation players up to decent prices too.

im having the problem of the appearing and disappearing case of benzema. he was on the transfer list when i first checked the 11.3 and i was excited to get him. since ive started a new game hes sometimes on it, but most of the time not. cant figure out what i did the first time to make him appear on it! he was 8.75m to buy. totally gone now and he and real wont have any of it!

started a new game in england and benzema was on the list for 8.75m. then i started a different game in germany and spain and he was no where to be seen on it. just shows that the game has no consistancy on how it veiws teams and players when you start a new game.

if i choose to manage arsenal then real madrid think benzema is surplas to requirements and valued at £8.75m but, if i choose to manage bayern munich then benzema is not for sale at any price. hmmm. thats a strange one. work that one out.

I've been able to sell players for above their value without too much difficulty, particularly since 11.3

My best success has been with English players - I've so far sold two English lads for three times their value, which seems pretty realistic in the current climate.

I can't believe people think there's actually a problem with Benzema not being transfer listed for £8.75M. Cmon, lets be honest, you just want to nab a word class player for dirt cheap even though it is completely unrealistic. And there's no reason for the transfer listed players to be the same from save to save. On one save if La Liga is loaded, games are actually simulated fully which means Benzema can play well and never be transfer listed wheras when it's not loaded, the simulations are simple and based a lot on reputation.

Once again.. how do you manage to get offers for your players? Do you set an asking price or not? Do the AI clubs come in with an offer or do you offer out your players? Cheers!

I always set asking prices, especially when players start generating interest, then i find only the teams that would be willing to pay that kind of money stay interested. Before the patch i offered players out, but not transfer list them, playing as smaller clubs there always comes a point where a player wants to move on, i found that using that moment to offer the player out to clubs whilst not transfer listing him worked very well, i got bids, always above the game value and the player did not become unhappy about you trying to get rid of him, i used this system to great success. Since the patch teams have been more forthcoming with bids, which i dont really like as much, because you turn them down and the player wants a new contract, i liked having full control over who was coming and going.

i had a player worth 1.8m who i wanted to keep as a back up but after several bids i accepted 3m. the bids kept going up after this though and i ended up getting something like 4.2m. im not sure if that means the transfer system is working or not though???

I always set asking prices, especially when players start generating interest, then i find only the teams that would be willing to pay that kind of money stay interested.
To what percentage of the market value do you usually set these asking prices? Of course this differs from player to player but is it rather 1.5x or 6x the transfer value.

To what percentage of the market value do you usually set these asking prices? Of course this differs from player to player but is it rather 1.5x or 6x the transfer value.

I always set them well above what i actually value them at, for example i have a striker who in the SPL is valued at £7.5m i have his asking price at £40m and so far i have rejected a £18m bid for him. But for other players i wont set them as high, if its a player i dont want to sell its set through the roof and if a bid comes in i cant turn down so be it, for squad players its usually a bit lower and players i dont want, usually for asking price. Also form players will attract more and better bids, even a top player can be overlooked if his form has been terrible, but a second rate player can be highly sought after if he plays well enough. I have alot of interest in my player Peter Pawlett, not great stat wise, but he has won SPL players player of the year two years in a row so lots of teams are interested and since the patch i have turned down two bids for him.

What i would say is i am managing in the SPL so face values always tend to be quite low, my striker would prob be worth about £15/£16m in the EPL hence why i always ask so much, i would say my way of working would be SPL specific, judge it by the values of players in your league.

i smell bull****

you either added a manager to a club and brought him or that was just a plain lie!

Nope mate. I was as surprised as you but for me the new transfer system is a lot better for selling players. Barcelona were already "majorly" interested in Cech as his contract was going to expire at the end of the season. Barcelona are very rich, as you would know. So i offered him a new contract to hype his market value then offered him for 26, thinking theres no chance i would be getting more than that. Guess what....i got 26 upfront, and i believe i could have gotten upto 32.

And that isnt the only instance of me getting a good deal. Sold Griezmann to Barca for 17. Inter offered 17 for Eriksen, but he refused and was eventually sold for 14.5 to AC Milan. But yes, ive always had to offer the players out. Clubs never came in and bid themselves, even though they had a major interest in the player.

If u think its a lie tell me how to prove otherwise, and ill do it. And maybe its not the sign of a working transfer system but this could never have happened in 11.2 or earlier. In those versions when you offered players to club you always had to sell them at hugely reduced prices.

And riddle me this...i said i offered the player to clubs. If i wanted to cheat why the hell would i take the added trouble to offer the player to clubs ? Why not simply takeover Barca and make a bid ???

I think it's a lot better specially since the AI clubs make different bids also lower league clubs show some interest in players from my youth team that aren't good enough for a top team but are decent enough for a lower division side, i like this little detail a lot it brings some realism IMO.

On the other hand it might be a little too easy to make money now(not that it was really ever that hard) i signed a player for 300k, had him on a season loan on my feeder club then sold him for 5M.. quite a profit!

LOL, I'm glad I saw this thread. I just got a bid for my 2nd best AMC from Inter. They're bidding €46 million. That's all good and well for me, but considering he has a minimum fee release clause at €16 mill, you'd wonder wtf is going on over at Inter...

So, working transfer market? Yeah I'm not sure.

Now to get my AMC backup to stay.. I hope I can trick him into believing I'll give him a key role in a new contract.

the probl with the fm transfer system is not 4 the player like u or me its the ai that is the problem...man city stop signing john arne riise his pa is only 162 and he is old, you already have kolorov u dumb *****

So the problem is the ai doesn't "cheat" and look at transfers PAs? Also I thought 162 was pretty good.

A lovely thing happened to me: as a Liverpool manager, I offered 30-something million to Tottenham for Gareth Bale in the summer of 2013.

They responded they want 33 million and Emiliano Insua. That was really, really nice - they got a solid left back and nice sum of money. Of course, they could have asked for more in real life, but I found this to be a nice step forward.

It´s a lot better. Now the AI takes the initiative at 11.1 and 11.2 it didn´t.

For example, I've managed to sell a junior RB to a top team for the price that I set for him (5m). I thought that no one would offer that much, but them someone did and my board accepted, because it was to good. Well, I agreee, it really was.

For me, depends on the role of the player, on the age, if is a good prospect for the future, if is a national player, the team I´m playing, etc.

If the player is way to good for me to replace him or there isn´t backup on the team, them I set the value at 5/6x is value.

If it´s a good player but I could replace him or I have a backup, them I set the value at 2/3x is value.

If it´s a young player with lot´s of potencial, them at least 5m if he´s in the junior team and a lot more if he plays regularily.

If it´s a backup ou a rotation guy them I set is value to 1.5/2x is value at maximum. Usually I don´t set values to this players, except if someone gets interested in him.

Archived