FM2011 I Hate My Keeper Thread!!

I suppose being a keeper must be a cruel job... with that in mind i decide to create this thread for all users freely criticize your FM keeper. :cool:

Playing with Benfica, semi-final against Barcelona.

First leg at Nou Camp.

My team, to my surprise, start the game very well! Messi dont even touch the ball! I'm dominating the game, having shot... it's a thrill! 26th minute...GOALLLLLLL! Puyol on goal! I'm ahead! Nobody can stop now the almighty "GLORIOSO"...

Oh wait... i forget... my keeper! Roberto!

So, at the 45th minute... just before the break time... he decide to give the little pearl...

Ended loosing the game 3-1! Second leg... at home... we will see if its possible!

So what about yours keepers "little pearls"?

My goalkeepers have been fantastic for me so far so no complaints really from me. However, I do think that if your 'keeper is having a nightmarish run of form, drop him for a few games and bring him back and they usually come back stronger.

I love my goalkeeper, he's keeping my Truro city in the premiership, he's not even that great statted, he's only worth 1.6 million, Cammy Bell's his name.. but he's averaged 7.14 across an entire season and got fans player of the year from the club - he's literally keeping me afloat, he's been awesome.

I agree with above poster re goalkeeper ratings. Even a clean sheet in a 1-0 win which sees my defence getting 7s only see him getting 6.8 yet one defensive mistake and his rating will be down to the low 6s like a shot.

Having said that my team doesn't keep many clean sheets. Have a goalkeeper who is a second choicer and he can be inconsistent, so I sign this experienced guy. 34 years old and much better than my other Keeper and he's crap too. So crap in fact I have to go back to my other keeper. Damn you!

I got Richard Wright in to my Colchester team on a free in the second season, assuming he would be pretty handy at that level. WRONG. He is terrible and lets in so many goals, so dropped him in favour of my other keeper, Gunnar Neilsen who I grabbed on a free from Man City. Gunnar is much better despite having worse stats!

I like Reina well enough although he has some absolute howlers at least once a month. I remember one against Bolton when he picked up a cross no problem, then proceeded to throw a perfect pass to the foot of the guy trying to get on the end of the cross. Hilarious!

Signed a Hungarian 33 year old with bags of experience and according to my coaches he's the best goalie at the club for my first division Ukrainian team. Is he balls. Rubbish he is. I had to go back to my second choice because of his crap performances. It's okay though because I accidently moved him to my under 21s instead of another player (who has a very similar name to his) and he got really angry and wouldn't talk to me. Needless to say I fired his arse.

I sort of wish I never read this thread because my keeper drop two absolute clangers today ;)

First was a backpass by a centre back which he let roll into the goal for some unknown reason, lucky I won 3-1. Then twice started to run around in circles when the opposition but a through ball towards their striker. The through ball caused the poor keeper to panic.

• 3 months later...
Рекомендуем портал по загрузке бесплатного софта любой направленности. У Вас появилась возможность

<надрез>

Cool story bro.

Petr Cech getting injured with a sports hernia a day before we face Barcelona in the UCL and then we manage to get through after some brilliant work by my defence, we contained Barca the 1st leg then a Torres hatrick at the Bridge got us through.

1 day before the final against RM, Petr Cech out for 7 weeks with a double hernia and once again have to put my trust in Hilario and ended up winning 3-2 against Madrid.

So this season, Petr Cech will be sold and Matej Delac will replace him.

Archived