Small changes in formation.

Back in the day, when we didn't have match preparation screen showing how well a team is trained to use a certain formation, I used to change formations a lot, during the season and - what's more important - during the match. It wouldn't be unusual to see my team presenting even three of four different formations during just one match - formations that were far from similar. It worked; players were doing just what I wanted them to do and results were there.

Now, we see it takes quite some time for a team to get used to a new formation; weeks and weeks of hard work. I won't start the discussion on how it translates to/from football in real life, I'll just get to the point. If my team operates with 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-4 in training, what happens with formations that are extremely similar to those we use?

For example, if I switch from 4-4-2 during the math to 4-4-1-1 (with AMC) of 4-1-4-1 (with DMC), would that disrupt team's blending/ability/whatever, or match engine would consider it to be just a minor change to the starting premise. Oh, boy, I so much hope it's the latter... and I highly doubt it's like that.

i dont know what way it works but i was playing west ham earlier in my newcastle save and i had my formation set as 4-3-2-1 but before i kicked the game of i changed to a 4-4-1-1 and then in match after going 1-0 up i changed to 4-1-4-1,the game ended 2-2 in the end,should of won.

Archived