Clubs from different Nations

Vaduz are a team from Liechtenstein but play in the Swiss Leagues, does anyone if there are other teams in the game that are based in 1 nation but play their football in another?

Berwick Rangers straddle the border so they don't count and until Russia properly recognise Chechnya as an independant nation Terek Grozny dont count either

Swansea and Cardiff, for starters, sorta (they are Wales based, and playing in England. Different FAs, so I guess it counts)

A few years ago, there was Andorra FC in Spain, but they left

I forgot about them, must've been cause i was thinking further from home

For something a little different...

DPMM (Brunei) used to play in Malaysia. Then in Singapore. Now nowhere, as Brunei's FA seem to have run afoul of FIFA's non-government interference in football laws (so says wikipedia anyways), but if you're on FM 09 or 10 there's an option there.

Not quite the same I guess since the teams are based domestically, but Singapore League currently has Albirex Niigata Singapore FC (or in FM universe Niigata Unicorns) who are affiliated with their Japanese namesake and play with mainly Japanese players and also Etoile FC who can only sign French players.

And then Montreal next season.

Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Real Union, Alaves, and Lemona (among others) in the Spanish leagues ;)

Heh. If you're going to suggest those, I give you Truro City of the Southern League Premier Division! ;)

And then Montreal next season.

Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Real Union, Alaves, and Lemona (among others) in the Spanish leagues ;)

Only people inside the Basque region consider themselves from another country, to me and most of the global population these clubs are Spanish and play in Spain

Thanks BenArsenal makes it easier to find them,

Mentioned them in the OP they straddle the border so don't really count

It does actually count, though, as they are an English town, under English law, don't elect an MSP, etc. You could argue that some of the Welsh teams 'don't count' because of the closeness of the border too. :p

(A little tongue in cheek post, so not having TOO much of a go. ;) )

Swansea and Cardiff, for starters, sorta (they are Wales based, and playing in England. Different FAs, so I guess it counts)

There are also Wrexham, Newport County, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Town who play in the English league system.

Derry City is in Northern Ireland but plays in the Republic of Ireland.

Büsingen is part of Germany, but plays in Switzerland.

Campionese are Italian but play in Switzerland.

There are Antiguan and Bermudian teams in the US lower leagues.

Some Brunei teams play outside Brunei, in Malaysia I think.

DCCF Brunei used to play in Malaysia, but now play in Singapore.

Derry City is in Northern Ireland but plays in the Republic of Ireland.

Büsingen is part of Germany, but plays in Switzerland.

Campionese are Italian but play in Switzerland.

There are Antiguan and Bermudian teams in the US lower leagues.

Some Brunei teams play outside Brunei, in Malaysia I think.

There's Ottawa Fury in the PDL too. And FC Edmonton in the NASL/USL/USSF-2 whatever's it called now. Sorry Ottawa, I reckon the Cosmos or a team in the Southeast are going to be the 20th MLS franchise.

Archived