I just want to play the game! (Installation issues)

Having a few problems installing the game.

I'm doing an offline install, and at the end I get the message 'The program can't start because d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer'

I downloaded the latest version of DirectX but that installation fails also :confused:

Any ideas?

hmm I'm almost out of ideas then except try and see if there is a directx on the fm disc and see if that will install or try and update your graphics drivers as the link says.

Or maybe try the clean reinstall thing if you have installed it on the on the pc before

This is doing my ****ing nut in tbh.

Can't updatw my drivers:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

Right, seem to got rid of the original issue (after spending all ****ing night trying).

Now it installs, still says has not installed properly, and now when I click to load the game up nothing happens, with no error message.

This is beyond a joke tbh, I click it again and it says it's already running. FFS :mad:

Any more ideas anyone? Wish i'd never have bothered.

First thing I'd do is to do a search of your Windows folder to see if you've got that file in another location, and then adding it to the System32 folder.

If I remember correctly, I fixed this in FM10 by downloading the actually file from some website, adding it to my System32 folder in windows and restarting. The installation worked fine after that. Be careful where you get the file from tho, and make sure you give it a good virus scan.

I think its caused by the newer version of windows (Vista/Win7) not containing the file as standard - it just happens that FM needs it, but you would have probably run into the same issues with other games too.

In any case, you are more likely to get help with technical issues in the Tech Forum

I got the DLL file into the System32 folder and the SysPro64 folder? Something like that anyway.

The missing DLL error no longer comes up, but it still says installation not completed correctly and the game just doesn't load up.

Will it help if I post my installation log later?

Ok... the only error in the installation log was GameExplorer.

Installed with Steam, all seems fine... I click Play, comes up

'Installing Microsoft DirectX for Windows' it finishes and nothing happens.

Ready to give up, I am AMAZED at how much of a nightmare this is to ****ING install

Archived