Arsenal is being so generous :) :)

Just started Arsenal with patch 11.3 DB a week ago.

First, I get like $30M (US Dollar) for a title challenge goal. I was happy with what I got given that Arsenal was never big on transfer market. So, I basically spent every single penny that was given to me :-D

Not even half way through the season, around November, I got a message saying the board decided to grant me additional transfer budget of $72M on top of the $30M. Heck, I was even trying to check my calendar to see if it's some April fool joke that some people are talking about. So, I took my opportunity and sign up a few more players, including Ganso.

Then, January comes, the board ask me to choose the season expectation again, because i'm sitting 1st on the table with a couple points gap. I still chose title challenge anyway. The title winner goal will give me extra $8M budget but I don't want to risk myself :-D Then after a few days, the board send me a message again, and just hand me in another $8.25M transfer budget. So, it just total about $110M transfer budget in a season.

I check the finance page and they only have about $170M in the balance at the beginning, with a lot of debts. They must have really liked me to just give me all those $$$$ :-D

Time to go for a shopping spree!!! :-D :-D :-D

Is it something the Arsenal board always does or am I just being lucky???

Arsenal are fairly well run club and often make a profit from the Highbury flats amongst other things, I think. Whilst they don't spend alot in real life the board have said there is money to be spent. It's just that Wenger refuses to do so. The Arsenal Researcher has obviously taken this into account, so that any FM player who wishes to spend money can do because in real life Wenger can. As you've explained you chose title challeneg at the start of the season. In January because you are top, the board have given you a chance to change these which is a new feature for FM11(I think). So you can try your hardest to win the title.

Archived