Every player wants the same contract clauses? And won't budge?

I'm finding contract talks to be frustrating now... I'm in serie B and every player wants a 40% promotion wage rise and a release clause along with other clauses... but I'm finding that there seems to be no budging at all on these two..! I can't remove them, I can't raise the release clause or reduce the promotion wage rise... i can get the rest of the the things to go down but i don't get why they all insist on the same thing! I want a bit of variation... if i get promoted I swear I'm buggered lol. Anyone else having these difficulties? Or some advise... hopefully its improved in the next version.

I'm finding contract talks to be frustrating now... I'm in serie B and every player wants a 40% promotion wage rise and a release clause along with other clauses... but I'm finding that there seems to be no budging at all on these two..! I can't remove them, I can't raise the release clause or reduce the promotion wage rise... i can get the rest of the the things to go down but i don't get why they all insist on the same thing! I want a bit of variation... if i get promoted I swear I'm buggered lol. Anyone else having these difficulties? Or some advise... hopefully its improved in the next version.

if you get promoted, you're buggered whoever you're managing. I managed last season to finally get my wage-bill under budget. We then got promoted...

and the board gave me the same wage budget I'd had last season! This obviously doesn't take into account the fact that the majority of my team have both a 10% annual wage rise AND a 25% promotion wage rise. Whoopee, I'm now 25% OVER my wage budget... :(

the promotion/annual rise clauses are usually set by the club although 40% seems a bit high... having said that, top earners in the EPL will usually accept a 40% relegation cut clause so maybe it's because you're Serie B?

Release clauses seem to be tied in to player signing on fees as well - the bigger the signing on fee, the bigger the minimum release clause. During contract negotiations, I offered a lower signing on fee, and the only change to player wanted was a lower release clause.

I've learnt from offering youngsters a £10m release fee, then 3 years later they're worth nearly that, so I have to renegotiate massively.

My wonderkid 21 years old strikers agent dislikes me and so after many drawn out negotiations over a few months i had to accept that i couldn't negotiate or remove the clause despite the player wanting to stay. Now i have the player (a top 10 striker in the EPL) who has a £10m minimum fee release clause and so i am begging he will not leave and will have to try and offer him a new contract soon :/ It's annoying that his agent wouldn't budge despite it being an incredibly unrealistic release clause for a player already valued at £7m who has been at the club since 17, is English, likes me and the club and has enjoyed many successful seasons of first team football here.

My wonderkid 21 years old strikers agent dislikes me and so after many drawn out negotiations over a few months i had to accept that i couldn't negotiate or remove the clause despite the player wanting to stay. Now i have the player (a top 10 striker in the EPL) who has a £10m minimum fee release clause and so i am begging he will not leave and will have to try and offer him a new contract soon :/ It's annoying that his agent wouldn't budge despite it being an incredibly unrealistic release clause for a player already valued at £7m who has been at the club since 17, is English, likes me and the club and has enjoyed many successful seasons of first team football here.

I think all of the release clauses are too low. They don't adequately reflect the value of the player to the club (or the future value). To a lower league club the key players are invaluable, in real-life it takes a stupid offer to convince LL Chairmen to sell key players but on FM we have release clauses that are sometimes the players actual value and they refuse to negotiate it... they definitely need to be adjusted IMHO.

Archived