Real Chairman Implementaion

I think one area where FM lacks is the non exsistent interaction with a club's chariman/president and the lack of these people being real in the game. I think that they should have their own stats and the manager should be able to hold conversations with their chairman on key issues and this would enhance the pre season expectations, stadium developments, transfer money and injection of money. Instead of just meeting the board or occasional emails where you make a choice, actually interacting with the chairman would be more realistic.

Even some chairman seeking to buy a player for you, as in real life, or discussions with you on seeking investment or selling of the club with the ability to add your own opinion on how you think the club should be run.

What do you think guys?

It's a long overdue feature, but it'd get too much in the way of the God-like status we human managers have in the game... ;)

Also, keeping in mind how erratic and bi-polar the AI is upon in-game interaction I'm worried a more lively Chairman would turn the game into a nightmare to play for a couple of editions while SI try to "fix" it...

The odd part is that we DO have attributes for Chairmen, it's just they don't seem to matter that much in the game, maybe if not for the financial part (wage budget, transfer budget, % of transfers available). Definitely too little to be satisfactory IMO.

I'd really love Chairmen to heavily interfere in the team tactic/selection (see Berlusconi), greedy/stingy or to be just plain insane (Jesus Gil, Zamparini)

I agree it's a good idea which should be in the game. It's just the delivery that could be the problem, it has to be implemented properly straight away or it could really ruin games.

But things like a relationship with the chairman, such as becoming favoured personnel and gradually having more influence would be good as well as having fall outs over requests

Having the chairman at top clubs signing top players, which cause huge shirt sales would be a good feature as well.

I think one area where FM lacks is the non exsistent interaction with a club's chariman/president and the lack of these people being real in the game. I think that they should have their own stats and the manager should be able to hold conversations with their chairman on key issues and this would enhance the pre season expectations, stadium developments, transfer money and injection of money. Instead of just meeting the board or occasional emails where you make a choice, actually interacting with the chairman would be more realistic.

Even some chairman seeking to buy a player for you, as in real life, or discussions with you on seeking investment or selling of the club with the ability to add your own opinion on how you think the club should be run.

What do you think guys?

Correct me if I'm being ridiculous but by talking to your board are you not by definition talking to your chairman???

Chairman interaction in FM is quite poor. Other than going to board meetings and asking for a new contract, stadium expansion etc then you get nothing from them. I'd like to see a lot more, for example the vote of confidence. I'd like the chairman to come to you regarding your performance as manager if its poor and say "You have X amount of games left to turn it around" etc. Or, if you're a club legend and you decide to leave, give you the chance to have your input on who should be the next manager etc.

How about this for a starting point with chairman interaction

Imagine you are about to be sakced, rather than processing and then getting the news message you've been fired.

How about, getting a message that the Chairman want's to speak to you, then you go into a conversation based environment (like the player interaction) where the Chairman tells you that they have decided to let you go, you can then choose to either accept this or try and convince him to give you more time or try and negotiate that you can turn things round.

This could then result in you either getting fired, getting kept on or if you don't wanna argue opt for a mutual termination.

Would be a much more fun way to get fired. Plus this would bring into use the chairmans "loyalty, ambition and controversy" stats.

Archived