An apology......from me!!!

After posting on here previously, hinting at a possible bug with me losing matches to identical scores and conceding a lot from set pieces. I decided to take some time honoured advice and for the 1st time really get in-depth into my tactics.

In the past I suppose ive been a bit of a lazy manager, downloading the "plug and play" supertactics and just letting the game run. Since 11.3 came along I have really worked hard on my tactics, individual player instructions, team talks, in-match instructions, press conferences, match preperation, training etc etc and guess what???

Drastic improvement in results and performances. Now sat top of the league and in the 5th round of the cup (with 3rd Division Berwick Rangers ). All matches seem realistic in results and stats, decent amount of clear cut chances being taken, sorted my defensive set piece frailties and quite rightly impressed with what is turning into the best FM in years.

Ive bitched about FM11 in the past, maybe you cant be a lazy manager now, you have to earn your stripes with FM11, so a belated well done to SI.

Well done for actually giving it an attempt to actually put in the time and go more in-depth with the game :thup:

Far too many people moan about the game not being realistic enough for them, or it's too hard/too easy, getting nowhere with it etc instead of trying to put in the effort of actually finding out WHY they are getting nowhere with the game. This isn't the sort of game where you can just slap a bunch of players together and briefly tell them what to do and expect the results to come flowing in as you have probably found out. SO many people want to put in as little effort as possible and yet when they do they moan about them getting nowhere with the game, saying it's "broken", "unplayable" and just "not realistic".

Again, good on you for giving it a go and taking the time to give it a bigger effort.

Thanks for the positive vibes here guys(and girls, maybe), If we could get this point across to more people maybe there would be less moaning on these forums. Blue_magic hit the nail on the head, im ashamed to say that I fell into the trap of just expecting to win every game with ease.

We demanded more realism and SI gave it to us, we just have to learn how to play the game properly. If football management was as easy as some people want FM to be, we would all be managers IRL, the fact is that it's a difficult job to get right and therefore SI have made FM a difficult game to get right, but if you work hard enough you can do it.

well done OP.

The thing is, there have been heaps of threads where people complain its rubbish and you cant win etc, every single one (that hasnt just been someone wanting the game to be flawed and but rather actually asked for help) was solved, it was either formation, instructions etc that were causing the issue.

I was one of the lucky ones that seemed to get a tactic to work pretty quickly, it was by accident as i made a tactic to fit the players i had rather than the other way around nut i still use it over 40 seasons later!

Good work OP, one of few :)

After posting on here previously, hinting at a possible bug with me losing matches to identical scores and conceding a lot from set pieces. I decided to take some time honoured advice and for the 1st time really get in-depth into my tactics.

In the past I suppose ive been a bit of a lazy manager, downloading the "plug and play" supertactics and just letting the game run. Since 11.3 came along I have really worked hard on my tactics, individual player instructions, team talks, in-match instructions, press conferences, match preperation, training etc etc and guess what???

Drastic improvement in results and performances. Now sat top of the league and in the 5th round of the cup (with 3rd Division Berwick Rangers ). All matches seem realistic in results and stats, decent amount of clear cut chances being taken, sorted my defensive set piece frailties and quite rightly impressed with what is turning into the best FM in years.

Ive bitched about FM11 in the past, maybe you cant be a lazy manager now, you have to earn your stripes with FM11, so a belated well done to SI.

that's big of you simon it takes a real man to admit when your in the wrong, top bloke

Archived