Something I would like to see in future FM's.

Hey,

I posted something like this in a similar thread a couple of days ago. Its something that i feel would add to the realism of the game.

I am referring to countries which are hosting major footballing tournaments, namely UEFA Champs and the World Cup. As you all know, in real life if a country wishes to host either of these, they have to improve the footballing and infrastructure situation at home, namely building new stadiums, investing in youth football and generally making the cities which are hosting these a most desirable place to be.

As it stands in FM, countries are awarded the tournaments on the basis of the size of their reputation, probably the size of their stadiums and possibly the attraction of their cities. Thats as far as it goes. No mention of the money generated from hosting such an event.

It would be good to see, even at some level, what sort of an impact hosting one of these tournaments would have on the standard of the league, the effect on stadiums, the effect on television revenue, the effect on regen quality etc etc.

I think this is a sort of anecdote rather than a fully fledged feature, but I feel that it is something which would greately boost the game in terms of reality and even perhaps the longevity of the game.

Hey,

I posted something like this in a similar thread a couple of days ago. Its something that i feel would add to the realism of the game.

I am referring to countries which are hosting major footballing tournaments, namely UEFA Champs and the World Cup. As you all know, in real life if a country wishes to host either of these, they have to improve the footballing and infrastructure situation at home, namely building new stadiums, investing in youth football and generally making the cities which are hosting these a most desirable place to be.

As it stands in FM, countries are awarded the tournaments on the basis of the size of their reputation, probably the size of their stadiums and possibly the attraction of their cities. Thats as far as it goes. No mention of the money generated from hosting such an event.

It would be good to see, even at some level, what sort of an impact hosting one of these tournaments would have on the standard of the league, the effect on stadiums, the effect on television revenue, the effect on regen quality etc etc.

I think this is a sort of anecdote rather than a fully fledged feature, but I feel that it is something which would greately boost the game in terms of reality and even perhaps the longevity of the game.

It's something worth looking into.

Do SI intend to let us play in the Qatar league to see its development? :D

Don't start a Qatar World Cup debate!

The real question is: Does hosting the World Cup affect football at the top level?

Imo the answer is no. I doubt that it would raise the reputation of the home teams league. It would probably raise the reputation of the International team and possible the continent.

It will have an affect at grass roots level and possibley encourage more youngsters to play football. This wouldn't come into play until 8-10 years after the WC.

The most useful (and relevant for FM) part of hosting the WC, is the revenue and refurbishment/building of stadiums. That could be implemented in FM.

I would quite like to see more effort put into the application for hosting major competions. It is very limited at the moment.

I'm pretty sure the WC has made little difference to South Africa's footballing leagues but maybe I'm wrong.

I dont think it is something that could happen over night, It is something that happens over a long time. If you think of all the money that has been put into football at grass roots level in Africa as a direct result of the World Cup, then the results will come through later.

I dont think it is something that could happen over night, It is something that happens over a long time. If you think of all the money that has been put into football at grass roots level in Africa as a direct result of the World Cup, then the results will come through later.

it all depends on how long the money is invested for. If the money is only used for a couple of years, then it will not have much of an affect. If the money is slowly introduced and built up over a 10 year period, then you would expect to see the quality of the average youngster improve.

I think most importantly, the stadium renovation/construction aspect of it would be the best. I can see how hard it would be to introduce the invesment side of it. Perhaps we could just get a message at the end of the tournament stating how much money was made from hosting the games. But primarily I would like to see stadiums changing when hosting one!

Below are things that I think could be implemented that happen (probabley) irl:

Grants for Stadia renovation/construction

Improved quality of regens over a long period of time

Increase of reputation of Country (possibly continent too)

Revenue to clubs for use of stadia

Redevelopement of surrounding area/infrastructure leading to increase of city attractiveness

It did in the United States and it might do so in Russia and Qatar to a lesser extent.

And I believe it did in Germany. I think the the 2006 WC rounded off nicely the project they had to make their league much better. Russia is already a growing league and the WC might just help elevate it that much further. The grand sum of their teams are owned by Ambramovic types...

the game needs to at least build new stadiums in countries that get the world cup IF they dont have enough stadia to fulfil the minimum criterias. i have seen matches played at 15k seater stadiums at world cups on fm when i think the minimum capacity is 35 or 40k in real life.

Archived