Improvement for fm12

I think it would have been very fun if Football Manager 2012 had a function were you could choose to control other managers when you make a new game, instead of just making a new manager. It is some boring when you for example have made a player being you in editor and at the same time controlling a manager in the same name etc.

Another thing , you could have the opportunity to make a player you control ingame. example you make a player when in or out of a game just like in editor but when you are in the game you control the life of the player. when you get a contract request you can accept or deny the contract. i think it is a very good idea :)

I think it would have been very fun if Football Manager 2012 had a function were you could choose to control other managers when you make a new game, instead of just making a new manager. It is some boring when you for example have made a player being you in editor and at the same time controlling a manager in the same name etc.

Another thing , you could have the opportunity to make a player you control ingame. example you make a player when in or out of a game just like in editor but when you are in the game you control the life of the player. when you get a contract request you can accept or deny the contract. i think it is a very good idea :)

Best first post ever.

No, really.

Why on earth would you want to take over the life of a player? I mean, apart from the example you give, what other aspects of his life would you control?

I suggest you go and buy a copy of The Sims...

well i wrote CHOOSE , didn't i? so if you don't want it, don't choose it

I know SI are rightly well known for their levels of customer service, and listening to ideas from the community for new features, but I don't think there's any chance of even them going to the effort of coding a feature for ONE person.

I've thought that would be a good idea too tbh. So I could start the game as, say, Sven :cool:

The other idea.... not so good :D

I know SI are rightly well known for their levels of customer service, and listening to ideas from the community for new features, but I don't think there's any chance of even them going to the effort of coding a feature for ONE person.

well if you make a player in editor the way you can do now, the player is you. when you start playing the player is doing the opposite of what you would have done. example you just want him to stay in the club you joined him to but instead he goes to city cause they got money

well if you make a player in editor the way you can do now, the player is you. when you start playing the player is doing the opposite of what you would have done. example you just want him to stay in the club you joined him to but instead he goes to city cause they got money

No idea what you're on about.

Probably best to call it a day with these ideas.

HAHAHAHA Brilliant. No Way should that ever be put in a Footy Manager game please. There are so many other things I'd rather see. Also controlling a player would basically destroy the game for me. Allowing idiots who cannot play the game for their lives gain promotion every year thanks to their custom players 50 goals a season is terrible. Total Club did a similar thing back in 2004 with Football Fusion and I hated that and never bought a single EA footy manager cos of that. Look where that got them as well, it's a manager game for kids pretty much.

However, taking control of an actual manager is something I have also thought would be alright. Not exactly the most needed thing for the game but still it's not a bad little feature.. going back all the way to the early CM's I always found it a bit annoying when Sam Allardyce or Arsene Wenger would just lose their jobs and then get the Liverpool job or something half way through the season.

HAHAHAHA Brilliant. No Way should that ever be put in a Footy Manager game please. There are so many other things I'd rather see. Also controlling a player would basically destroy the game for me. Allowing idiots who cannot play the game for their lives gain promotion every year thanks to their custom players 50 goals a season is terrible. Total Club did a similar thing back in 2004 with Football Fusion and I hated that and never bought a single EA footy manager cos of that. Look where that got them as well, it's a manager game for kids pretty much.

However, taking control of an actual manager is something I have also thought would be alright. Not exactly the most needed thing for the game but still it's not a bad little feature.. going back all the way to the early CM's I always found it a bit annoying when Sam Allardyce or Arsene Wenger would just lose their jobs and then get the Liverpool job or something half way through the season.

well ya all think a mean like fifa , but i dont, i mean just the choices to the player !

Ok, the bit about controlling a player is ridiculous, but playing as a real life manager does appeal to some people. I mean, we can choose to be a former international footballer when we create a manager, so why not let us just take control as a real life manager? I don't see the problem, it might be fun to step into Wenger's shoes and see what goes on in his mind sometimes :D

and , a think making fløy from norwegian 2 divisjon, the worlds 4th best club in the world on just 6 seasons without cheating, does not make me a idiot that cannot play the game

Not really, you'd take on a managers reputation, favoured people, rivalries, history etc., you could try and emulate their style if that appealed to you. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but I've seen posts on here before from a few people asking to be able to do this. I think it might be fun for a while, just as an experiment, I'd doubt I would do it as a long term career but it wouldn't hurt to have the option.

and , a think making fløy from norwegian 2 divisjon, the worlds 4th best club in the world on just 6 seasons without cheating, does not make me a idiot that cannot play the game

I think its fair to say taking a Norwegian Div 2 team to 4th in the world is impossible without cheating of some form.

I think its fair to say taking a Norwegian Div 2 team to 4th in the world is impossible without cheating of some form.

Seconded.

Don't try and pull the wool over our eyes.

Claims like that are fairly ridiculous.

apparently not, a good tactic can do it

That's rubbish mate.

What's your first language mate? Just curious.

For what it's worth, your first idea wasn't too bad; I've seen it discussed on here before, and while I wouldn't want to play that way myself - I like seeing MY name in lights when things go well - I know a lot of people would like to play as an existing real-world manager.

But your second idea is... not so good.

Archived