For loan club wants initial fee?

That sucks then. I must look some other then because there are free loan players too.

As Jody said below, your best bet is to look at younger players as the clubs are likely to want them to go out on loan to get some match experience, while older players usually require a fee, though I've noticed if you try to loan older players from your parent club, you don't have to pay any wages so maybe look into a parent club?

I might be wrong, but in my experience clubs tend to be happy to loan youth players for free, but older players that are more useful to the parent club often require a fee.

This seems to have changed with the latest patch.

You used to be able to get any player from a higher division on the loan list with no payment are not a great deal in wages now the clubs want a huge payment and at least 80% of the players wages paying.

I'm currently playing with PNE who are skint so I'm struggling to bring in anybody.

From what I have seen in my game (Fleetwood and now Barnsley). When I was in leagues one and two I was able to loan players without any fees and pay no wages. However when I got Fleetwood and now Barnsley into the Championship the players I loaned and other players who would have been free to loan a season a go now require me to pay an initial fee as well as pay the full wages barring the players from my parent club.

Didn't matter if I did loan team or short team always wanted an initial fee which was a pain, cost me my job at Fleetwood as I couldn't get any loans in

From my experiences on this and older fms, its always free to loan a player from the same country no matter what the age (if he is set to loan). But if you try to loan from elsewhere like scotland or abroad (if you play in england), they always want a fee.

Yeah, in 11.3 literally every loan deal/potential loan deal, the other club always asks for a loan fee, even if the loan is just for 2/3 months. Pretty unrealistic imo, and very frustrating when playing with a club in the lower leagues.

It all depends on the player's value to the club your are wanting to loan in from. If the player you are after is not a key player or first team squad player then it is unlikely you will be required to front any cash. An example of this would be if you was managing in the lower leagues and you wanted a premier league clubs youth player, they would be glad of you providing this player with first team football and therefore no cash compensation would be asked for.

On the other hand, if you was a higher leagued club, maybe in the same division as the club you want to loan from then they may ask for an initial fee. My example of this is in my current Liverpool save, I have loaned in Jack Wilshere from Arsenal for the season, I had to pay £1m to get him in but because I paid this sum Arsenal can not recall him for the duration of the loan.

So it really all depends on who you are, where you play, who your are loaning in!

This seems to have changed with the latest patch.

You used to be able to get any player from a higher division on the loan list with no payment are not a great deal in wages now the clubs want a huge payment and at least 80% of the players wages paying.

I'm currently playing with PNE who are skint so I'm struggling to bring in anybody.

This changed years ago, on old versions (e.g. FM05/06) you could loan anybody you wanted for no money and no wages but in recent years they have changed it so clubs usually ask for up front fees and a wage contribution. I think this reflects reality more accurately.

Have they changed the way loaning works now? On my Atletico Roma save every club wants a loan fee and wages paid... even my Parent club Roma. I used to be able to loan players from other countries for nothing and 0% wages and for italian teams i had to give 50% wages. Why has this happened? My teams in basically the same position it was last year :(

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed this trying to get some loans in this summer. Even my parent club are asking for a fee and 100% of wages which seems odd. Has meant it has become much harder for cash-strapped clubs to get players on loan. This is since patching up to 11.3 btw

Archived