FMH 2011 (iPhone) 2.3 update out now - with new data!

On behalf of Marc (who should be a few thousand feet up in the air about now!) and the rest of the team, I'm happy to announce that the latest FMH update - 2.3 - is now available from the App Store :)

As usual, the update is fully save game compatible. A complete changelist can be found in the credits section of the game, but here are the big ones;

New Database

Updated to include the January transfer data. If you so wish, you can still start new games with the original database by selecting it within the games preferences.

Increased Database Size

Teams in the main nation of a multi-league game now start with more players (when using the new database).

Saveable/Loadable Tactics

As with save games (see here) you can now save, load and share your tactics.

Saveable/Loadable Team Selections

Specific team selections can now also be saved/loaded (although bear in mind these are specific to your club, so can't be shared)

I'll have a guide to saving/loading/sharing these up for you all tomorrow, but for those of you who can't wait - you'll find the options within the links menu of the relevant screen, and they can be shared in the same way as save game files already are.

More Travel Help Stadiums

French, German, Italian, Scottish & Spanish stadiums have been added to Travel Help.

Also, just a quick reminder that all revenue from sales of the app this week will be donated to a Japan disaster relief fund - our thoughts remain with those affected.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Hi Stu

I guess there are more tweaks and changes, or not? Due to my experience with the chances in game balance for 2.2, I would be pleased to get more information before I download this update?

Thank you in advance

Oliver

• SI Staff
I guess there are more tweaks and changes, or not? Due to my experience with the chances in game balance for 2.2, I would be pleased to get more information before I download this update?

Full changelist:

#2.3 FMHi 2011 - Update 2
Update database with January transfer data
Increased database size for primary league when running multiple leagues
Increase fitness of players at start of game
Fix issue where keyboard showed in wrong orientation on some devices
Tweaked condition declines in matches for older players slightly
Allowing saving and loading of tactics to storage
Make player role suggestions visible on player position page
Make players preferred role visible on player position page
Allowing saving and loading of current team selection to storage
Make players a little less itchy to get new contracts after their first cap
Allow same options to players in reserves as those in first team
Fixed issues with national team squads clearing down on reload
Fix incorrect reference to 'Algeria' in transfer listing news item
Ensure homesickness is reported properly on player profile
Tuned match attendances
Make 4-3-2-1 and 4-2-3-1 compatible with original version saves

• SI Staff
Saveable/Loadable Team Selections

Specific team selections can now also be saved/loaded (although bear in mind these are specific to your club, so can't be shared)

To correct this slightly - these CAN be shared with other peoples games, however obviously how well this works will depend on your having the same squad as them.

I envisage these being most useful if someone says designs a tactic for a specific club and saves that and the clubs squad selection down for others to use so that they can have a head start when playing with a club they might not be familiar with.

• SI Staff
'Allow same options to players in reserves as those in first team'

What does this mean?

In the original version of the game certain options were only available to players when they were present in the first team squad, that is when in the reserves only a sub-set of the available player options were available until you promoted them to the first team (ie. for instance I don't think you could offer them out to clubs if they were in the reserves). This is no longer the case, its simply a matter of making the UI a bit nicer and more consistent rather than forcing you to put people into the first team to access certain player options (the reason these were available in initial versions is rather geeky and tedious tbh - but it took a fair bit of coding to work around which is why it wasn't possible previously).

In the original version of the game certain options were only available to players when they were present in the first team squad, that is when in the reserves only a sub-set of the available player options were available until you promoted them to the first team (ie. for instance I don't think you could offer them out to clubs if they were in the reserves). This is no longer the case, its simply a matter of making the UI a bit nicer and more consistent rather than forcing you to put people into the first team to access certain player options (the reason these were available in initial versions is rather geeky and tedious tbh - but it took a fair bit of coding to work around which is why it wasn't possible previously).

Ah right, that's great :) I was hoping for the ability to offer the greyed out players contracts, but maybe in a later update? :)

• SI Staff
Hi Marc,

Are there any plans to support the retina display in a forthcoming update?

Eventually I hope to - but it'll be a long term goal I'm afraid (tbh imho the normal 'SD' display looks fine on the retina and because of the very small pixel size of the retina and anti-aliasing we use on the SD I don't think a retina display will be 'that' different to the present SD display in the main - on the iPad I think a HD display would be more noticable, time will tell when we manage to undertake such things).

Did this by chance fix the issue with the Transfer Acumen attribute for managers? I have tried everything...from spending big bucks on big names to spending hardly anything at all to sign a future star to picking up a player out of contract...and my stat has never changed from a 10. I'm in the year 2023 and my Transfer Acumen stat has yet to change at all.

• SI Staff
Is it possible to save/load presets for player search attributes? It's a chore entering everything at the start of every season looking for new players.

Noted - will consider this for the future.

• SI Staff
Will the Players Play Better if they Play in their preffered/recommend Role?

These are the coach / players preferences for the player - ie. how they think they'd play best ... this won't mean its always their optimal role within your team (as you might already have a player you'd prefer in that role for example).

Generally speaking they'll often be the same, but sometimes they might differ somewhat (most usually where a player likes a creative role but a coach might not think he's quite up to it at his current club for some reason or that a player likes a more attacking role than the coach does for him (simply because its more enjoyable to him) .... something along those lines).

• SI Staff
Tim Dittmer still in the game? why?

He's in the FM PC database as a player/coach and his playing data was arguably 'better' than that of the other player who was dropped out.

Apologies for that - we'll look at checking job titles for mixed jobs in future database updates, he was still playing irl until he took up his coaching role and his young age I think its sensible for us to retain his playing data in case he does end up playing again (whether purely as a player or in case of an injury crisis etc.).

He's in the FM PC database as a player/coach and his playing data was arguably 'better' than that of the other player who was dropped out.

Apologies for that - we'll look at checking job titles for mixed jobs in future database updates, he was still playing irl until he took up his coaching role and his young age I think its sensible for us to retain his playing data in case he does end up playing again (whether purely as a player or in case of an injury crisis etc.).

I understand that his job on the pc version is player/coach BUT irl he is contracted just as coach. The player that was dropped out was only 18 and had similar stats, he would have been better tbh.

HI Marc

I just realized that for Reserve Team Players you cannot see the recommended position, just the preferred one. So I have to promote the player to get this information. Can you change that for a future update. It is not very handy now?

Thank you

Oliver

• SI Staff
HI Marc

I just realized that for Reserve Team Players you cannot see the recommended position, just the preferred one. So I have to promote the player to get this information. Can you change that for a future update. It is not very handy now?

Its on my list (will probably be update +1 as the next update is already fully scheduled - but I will try and get around to it asap).

I've Put 3 Players of my reserve Team on loan. After a Month still Nobody wants him.

I promote them to my First Team and then i Can See that there are 2-4 Clubs are interested in and After some days i Get some Opfers.

Is that a bug or is it more difficult to loan out Players in the Reserve?

There always seems to be about 5 or 6 minutes added on to the first half for stoppages even though there weren't any injuries etc. Bug?

Anyone want to reply to this?

Also, during a match and the time comes to make subs, I like to click on a players profile then swipe to see his preferred positions but this isn't possible whilst the game is in progress. Can this please be changed as it seems silly to leave it out.

Also, during a match and the time comes to make subs, I like to click on a players profile then swipe to see his preferred positions but this isn't possible whilst the game is in progress. Can this please be changed as it seems silly to leave it out.

I second this.

Marc, any chance this will be changed for the next update?

• SI Staff
Marc, any chance this will be changed for the next update?

Next update is unlikely I'm afraid as to be honest its already 'ratchetted down' (and while this won't make it trust me you WILL like that update ;) ) ..... but I'll endeavour to put it into update + 1 is thats ok?

• SI Staff
Is the next update almost done?

Its 'on-route'* thats as precise as I'll say at this point (you know me I'm notoriously reluctant to give out dates).

*A term which intentionally gives away absolutely nothing apart from it exists and will be available in the future.

Any idea when the update will come to NA? I bought the game from either the US or the Canada store on release, and I still have version 2.2 and don't get any updates coming up for the game.

EDIT - I bought it in the Canada store, but am usually logged in to the US store. I logged in to Canada store and got update. Sorry :)

• SI Staff
Any idea when the update will come to NA? I bought the game from either the US or the Canada store on release, and I still have version 2.2 and don't get any updates coming up for the game.

EDIT - I bought it in the Canada store, but am usually logged in to the US store. I logged in to Canada store and got update. Sorry :)

Thats quite all right - just so people know for the future, we release such updates simultaneously in all territories.

Archived