FM2011 low on memory Galore

Never had this problem before, now after the 11.3 patch installation I get the "football manager 2011 is running dangerously low on memory" error on a regular basis and I have to save after every match to get a chance to continue the season. Any hints or tips about this, because SI seems to have no answer.

I had it before the 11.3 patch. I would run the task manager and watch the fm.exe chew up the memory. Now after the patch it fluctuates and I haven't had any of those messages or crash dumps. Also if you don't have tons of memory (like myself) you can try running the game in compatibility mode. I only have 2GB of memory and I run it in "XP mode". I have Vista. I'll run a test to see which uses more memory. I'm thinking they will be the same but I'll let you know. Don't know if this will help you or not but you could give it a try.

They use about the same amount but in Vista mode it doesn't fluctuate as much.

Never had this problem before, now after the 11.3 patch installation I get the "football manager 2011 is running dangerously low on memory" error on a regular basis and I have to save after every match to get a chance to continue the season. Any hints or tips about this, because SI seems to have no answer.

The question is, how much RAM do you have?

How many processes do you have running in the background?

The question is, how much RAM do you have?

How many processes do you have running in the background?

I run FM2011 under Windows 7, 64 bit, 4 GB ram and it's the first time (even with FM2011) I face this problem. The PC resources are more than enough, maybe the only problem is 64 bit, and no, gamebooster and alacrity did not solve anything. I'll make a try with the other suggestions...:(

Archived