No consistency!

I am playing as Arsenal and now for about 8 in a rowgames I just seem to be going in a repetitive pattern of good result followed by bad result etc. My team talks are generally just well played followed by show anger/dissapointed after every game. Anyone got any tips on how to keep consistency! What am i doing wrong?

<a  href=arsenalfixtures.jpg' alt='arsenalfixture

Help would be appreciated!

If you notice its not quite 1 bad result then a good result, its playing away from home that gives you the bad result. Maybe your team dont play well away from home, tactically maybe.

Thanks, definetly being thick not realising the home and away sequence but I never play too attacking. Always have the team strategy as control (kind of like arsenal IRL) so not too sure that I'm playing too attack minded. has anyone else suffered with the control tactic?

you need to lay off your team a bit for away games, especially if your struggling for form away from home, i would never use angry away from home unless it was a complete disaster, also pre match talks you should encourage a bit more until you pick up your form. As others have said have a look at how you set your team up away from home, maybe play a more defensive minded midfielder to add a bit more steel away from home that you might not need at home.

I would highly suggest avioding the control tactic away from home at the moment, at home yes, you will be expected to control those games but away from home teams will come at you, maybe look at changing it to standard, or even counter depending on who you are playing.

I have a similar problem. I'm first in the home league table, undefeated but down the bottom of the away 1. I was fine last season which was pretty much the same tactic, maybe its a player personality thing. I blame my captain..

also use the touchline shouts, i find counter football along with the drop deeper shout can be very very good if you have a quick team, soak up some pressure and break quickly and you will find teams pushing up against you away from home especially with the run you are having, it will leave lots of space for your team.

Try switching to standard mentality rather than control for away games. In your away games, when are you conceeding the goals ? You're not losing heavily, so my guess would be your either conceeding quite early or late on...

Post a couple of screenies of your away games and I'm sure you'll get some good advice :thup:

I just started with Arsenal on 11.3 and Arsenal indeed struggles away from home, getting knocked out of league cup by Villa and thrashed 3-0 by Benfica. So, I now used 1 DMC 2 MC in the midfield with a 451 for away game with standard mentality, instead of Control mentality. It seems to help and get me some good result lately, so maybe you can try it. When getting into a game for 15 -30 minutes and my team isn't performing as they are supposed to, I try to use TI like "Retain Possession", "Pass to Feet", etc to get ahold of the ball before I start to ask them to attack. Dropping your defensive line deeper, use counter attack and putting Theo Walcott up front helps too. His technical stats may not be too impressive but his speed can sure cause a lot of trouble on the break.

For my home game, I use 2MC and 1 AMC with a 451 and Control mentality. And good luck :)

Edit: Also, are you using team blend for your match prep because there are a few players who aren't blend in quite well yet for me in Arsenal. I put team blend during matches and change it to the one I want on match day. Arsenal have quite a few new players and that might also be the problem. Check out what your ass man said during pre match feedback.

Ok thanks for that looks like i'm going to be ditching control then. I know what you mean about the new players my ass man is always going on about it, would like to go team blend for a while just seem to find my team concedes way less goals from set pieces when the 'Defending set pieces' option is on :)

Here are my last 3 away matches- starting with most recent.

http://img716.imageshack.us/i/arsenalvschalke.jpg/ Schalke

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/arsnealvbolton.jpg/ Bolton

http://img717.imageshack.us/i/arsenalvsunderland.jpg/ Sunderland

Schalke result was a bit hard to take but probably deserved to lose all 3.

I don't think you did deserve to lose all three to be honest.

The only things I can see from the screenies...

You took the lead away from home in Europe, then conceeded 2 goals in 20 mins. Think about changing strategy to protect a lead for 10-15 mins if you go in front. You also conceeded right at the end, when they'd been leading for 50 mins (before you equalised). Did they catch you on the counter or was it pressure they were putting on you ?

Bolton was nip and tuck, you did conceed 2 goals in 5 mins though, maybe after conceeding the first look at keeping it tight for 10-15 mins and then pushing on again. Again, did they catch you on the counter ?

Sunderland was similar to Bolton in that it was nip and tuck, you conceeded straight after half time (which is the same as Bolton) maybe look to keep it tight away from home at the beginning of the second half.

The results at Bolton & Sunderland could be related to teamtalks, it seems you are vulnerable after the break, what's your general teamtalk strategy if you're even in a tight game ?

Cheers

Thanks for the response Macca.

Not going to lie the Schalke game was a tactical horror show as I decided to go for it (switch to attacking) at 2-2 as we had been pressing for 20 mins and a win would have seen us through with a game to spare. To be honest Chamakh and Walcott missed good chances with 5 mins to go and it was a counter attack that got us. :(

Bolton's goals after 1-1 were pretty spectacular to be fair yet they were not being picked up at all and the game was relatively loose. At half time I normally encourage and single out players playing well when it's a draw like those 2 games. Agree that maybe I need to be a bit more wary after the break :)

Thanks for the response Macca.

Not going to lie the Schalke game was a tactical horror show as I decided to go for it (switch to attacking) at 2-2 as we had been pressing for 20 mins and a win would have seen us through with a game to spare. To be honest Chamakh and Walcott missed good chances with 5 mins to go and it was a counter attack that got us. :(

Bolton's goals after 1-1 were pretty spectacular to be fair yet they were not being picked up at all and the game was relatively loose. At half time I normally encourage and single out players playing well when it's a draw like those 2 games. Agree that maybe I need to be a bit more wary after the break :)

You're welcome, sounds like you already know what you're doing.

I'm not brilliant at the game by any stretch, but teamtalks seem to be very important, and i've seen the same as you after halftime. Let us know how you get on. :thup:

Archived