Well this may sound crazy but

I've reloaded 100 times and this is the result

I'm Rangers in my first season playing Marseille away from home in the champions league. Tried a few tactics on here too. My morale is superb. I'm on a winning streak in the league.

Only managed a draw, 2 draws out of 100 reloads. As for the rest... an absolute thrashing. Also note... 10 times in a row Marseille scored in the first seconds of the match

This game is tough

Sounds improbable to me.

It just shows that it's not as random as some say. Certain hidden attributes are saved and these hidden values put a % to your chances

Anyway I always create separate saves to experiment with.

It just shows that it's not as random as some say. Certain hidden attributes are saved and these hidden values put a % to your chances

I think its common knowlege that a big part of the result is calculated before the game kicks off, so if you reload back to that point the chances are the same sort of result will happen. Unless it was very unlucky.

I'm Rangers in my first season playing Marseille away from home in the champions league. Tried a few tactics on here too. My morale is superb. I'm on a winning streak in the league.

Only managed a draw, 2 draws out of 100 reloads. As for the rest... an absolute thrashing. Also note... 10 times in a row Marseille scored in the first seconds of the match

This game is tough

have you messed around with the whole tc thingy? i think it sounds like you should try to change things around. all those different strategies could have some sort of meaning, ahhh i don´t know, i´m probably just guessing :o

I think its common knowlege that a big part of the result is calculated before the game kicks off, so if you reload back to that point the chances are the same sort of result will happen. Unless it was very unlucky.

Whs ^^...just the one factor that you were on a winning streak in the league could mean that by the time you get to that game overconfidence has started to set in and your team go into it thinking they just have to turn up to win it, no amount of reloading is going to undo complacency having been building up in your squad over a number of weeks/months.

If you want to reload a game to replay it you should save it before you give the post-match team-talk of your last match (but you can't) as that is when you should start preparing for the next match. Your post-match team-talk can have an effect on the next match performance and on your players morale, you should tailor it towards giving you the most benefit in the next match. Post-match press-conference... same thing, and everything else that you do between the final whistle of the last match and the first whistle of the next should also be aimed at getting the best possible performance in the next match.

If you have got too many variables wrong before you got to kick-off then you're in trouble... your 'experiment' is flawed as your preparation is the same for all 100 matches...

Or maybe it's just possible to win that game? What I'm saying is that it's fixed for you not to win some matches. I play Dundee United and then Aberdeen after that and the same actions repeat a lot, Aberdeen are the favs and score early.

I replayed that Aberdeen match 6 times from that champions league match and Aberdeen scored at the start 4 times in a row.

Or maybe it's just possible to win that game? What I'm saying is that it's fixed for you not to win some matches. I play Dundee United and then Aberdeen after that and the same actions repeat a lot, Aberdeen are the favs and score early.

I replayed that Aberdeen match 6 times from that champions league match and Aberdeen scored at the start 4 times in a row.

that's where you're going wrong ;)

This game is tough

if you uploaded the save i bet there would be a bunch of people who could win that game on their first attempt.

Yeah right lol You've no chance. Marseille completely dominate. This is one of those matches where the better the tactics etc the better the computer AI plays. No joke, it's like its players form is at 10 for every player. Tell you what I'll upload and you or someone else can show me you winning that match, but you must record way before the match begins (gotta be sure it's not a setup) & upload your recording to youtube or some other video site.

There has been a similar case where a guy reloaded his savegame again and again. When he uploaded his savegame, some won the match on their first attempt. But that's not to say you're a bad manager. Maybe it has to do with some random values which are not stored in the savegame but in the game itself. Dunno. I think it should be possible to win the match when you play the same match a 100 times with different tactical approaches.

Man U just destroyed me at Ibrox 8- 0. Thank SI for the holiday feature lol You really can't do nothing, I'm a much weaker team, the game itself doesn't give you enough of the ball for a start, then if you get the chance (which is rare) you have to score, but by then the other team will prolly have outscored you anyway.

Man U just destroyed me at Ibrox 8- 0. Thank SI for the holiday feature lol You really can't do nothing, I'm a much weaker team, the game itself doesn't give you enough of the ball for a start, then if you get the chance (which is rare) you have to score, but by then the other team will prolly have outscored you anyway.

i know this phrase is used a lot on here and i dont like using it myself but in this case the answer is.... its your tactics

So does this mean a change of tactic or substitutions 15 minutes from time don't make any difference?

So does this mean a change of tactic or substitutions 15 minutes from time don't make any difference?

No. Whenever you change something in match- a shout, tactics, sub, whatever it recalculates the result from the changes.

You called that common knowledge? I've been around for years and this is the first time I hear about that.

What's included in that "big part" that's already settled without our knowledge?

I read somewhere that the game calculates the match as you start with your chosen tactics. So if you keep playing the game with the same tactics, you will get a similar result most of the time.

I read somewhere that the game calculates the match as you start with your chosen tactics. So if you keep playing the game with the same tactics, you will get a similar result most of the time.

Yeah, it's calculated as the match starts. And is recalculated after every adjustment you make. So if you were to make no changes during the 2nd half for example, after your team talk, the game would know what the full time score would be right at the start of the half.

You do know Rangers are nowhere near as good as Marseille?

Yeah that's what I'm saying.

And although the game is trying to be realistic in that the better team will have more of the ball and more of the chances, it makes it impossible to win certain games. IRL Rangers could beat Man U away from home, highly unlikely, but it could happen, but there is no chance if that happening in this game because it's trying to be realistic. The only way to get a win like that in this game is to buy players.

You do know Rangers are nowhere near as good as Marseille?
While I'd begrudgingly accept that as true, the difference in quality isn't that drastic so getting a win against Marseille wouldn't be an overly optimistic task; in one game in FM10 my Rangers side were drawn against Inter Milan and Lyon in the group stage (and some little team from Romania or Hungary or something), I finished with 4 wins, 1 draw (vs Lyon) and 1 loss (vs Inter) and comfortably topped the group with Inter in second, and my team still had a significant number of players from the real-life Rangers squad. As wwfan said above, if Azuru uploaded the save then it's a safe bet that someone would quite quickly get the win that has eluded him for so long (which might also have the benefit of getting Azuru to finally shut the hell up about parts of the game allegedly being rigged, which is all he ever seems to do when I see him posting :p)

I'm not actually saying certain parts are rigged, i'm just saying certain situations are impossible, like i.e guiding a club like Rangers to the second round of the Champions league with their current players. You can prove me wrong anytime.

Btw if you're going to show me 'proof', I want a recording of the match, of a match of you beating the likes of Inter with a club like Rangers, a decent recording, I wanna see that you're actually playing the computer AI and not just a human vs human

Is trust an issue, Azuru? There are multiple FMers who have massively underachieved with less glamourous clubs. You are still confusing your inability to do well with a club with the general impossibility to do well, which is why you are still selling your 'probability theory'. Simply put, if you pay attention to and understand tactics and motivation, you will be able to do far better than you are currently able to. If you assume that you can't win the game and just go through the motions of playing it, it is hardly surprising that you then don't win it, is it?

No its not. I've built up a team on a long term save before and won every single match. People really need to take into consideration that there are teams that are gonna beat you regardless of form etc.

I can win but I'm just saying certain situations are impossible. You play Man U with a club like Rangers and you've no chance, the game isn't random enough, i.e certain situations work out better with less quality opposition, like my player will run into space but he'll make a simple A to B pass horrendous if it's to a player in space to run free up the wing or something, whereas against a team of similar quality he would make that pass 9/10 times.

It's not about me not winning or nothing.

This is the only real criticism I have of the game

I can win but I'm just saying certain situations are impossible. You play Man U with a club like Rangers and you've no chance, the game isn't random enough, i.e certain situations work out better with less quality opposition, like my player will run into space but he'll make a simple A to B pass horrendous if it's to a player in space to run free up the wing or something, whereas against a team of similar quality he would make that pass 9/10 times.

It's not about me not winning or nothing.

This is the only real criticism I have of the game

If the inability to pull off simple moves is an obvious issue, that would suggest your team is nervous and lacking in confidence in these matches. I'd look at trying to reduce pressure on the players and get them to sit back and frustrate the opposition until they start to lose discipline. You can then try to sneak a goal.

This obviously won't always work as you cannot expect the worse team to outplay the better team on a regular basis. However, it should work often enough that you pick up one or two key results that can transform your season, build the team's reputation and allow you to pick up a few better players.

Archived