CL Qualification?

I finished 5th in my league (Italy) which qualifies me for Europa League,but I also happened to win the Champions League. Do I qualify for the CL for next season through the victory in the competition or not? I think you do qualify in real world,just wondering how it is in FM.

Thanks.

similar with Liverpool case in 2005, when their won CL and finished fifth in BPL. and the rule changes. yeah you do qualify for next season to defend your title! but in Liverpool case they had to enter the tournament at the first qualifying round for next season. don't know about FM.

What is supposed to happen IRL if a team from a one CL place nation wins and doesn't win their league (like it'd happen :p), what would happen then, and does the game correctly reflect this?

What is supposed to happen IRL if a team from a one CL place nation wins and doesn't win their league (like it'd happen :p), what would happen then, and does the game correctly reflect this?

I assume who ever won that league doesn't get into champions league and goes into europa league as the champs take that 1 spot.

same as would happen to the 4th team in england for example, the rule is the same for everyone, regardless of CL spots

Actually...

I think in that situation, both the league champions and the CL winner will be entered in the Champions League.

Only leagues with four CL spots will have to 'sacrifice' one qualifier in that situation (because UEFA decreed that the maximum number of teams per league is four). Otherwise, the CL winner does not actually take up another team's place in next season's competition, and are entered as an extra entrant.

Archived