So after 7 years and multi-million pound budgets...

...FM11 is the filth infested dungheap they come up with?

Special Features

* Goalkeepers who can ping a waist high backpass on to the instep of their striker 70 yards upfield with a first touch, weaker foot volley!

* Fullbacks who are happy to let strikers wander free down the flanks without getting goalside!

* Midfielders who charge to the opposition area to close down their centrebacks but don't do a damned thing about strikers who get in behind them!

* Wingers who can dribble down the flanks at will but who stop to let the defender tackle them when it's time to cross!

* Strikers who actually play quite realistically!

* Players of any position that can take up to a minute for every set piece without any repercussion whatsoever!

* And many, many, many more (visit our forums for a lovely selection of additional special features)!

Loyalty Bonus

As a special thank you to all our wonderful fans who paid in November for delivery in March, here are some lovely bugs we left in the game just for you!

* Player stats that don't include any cup matches!

* When you substitute a player and change their position, you can't change the player instructions for the player who you swapped with from the drop-down menu!

* No TV matches (for a while)!

* And many, many, many more (visit our forums for a full selection of the delicious bugs we left in)!

Being innovative since 2002!

Look at all the wonderful new things we've introduced to make your managerial experience even more hellish!

* Press conferences that are repetitive, idiotic, and boring!

* Teamtalks that are counterintuitive, simplistic but vastly powerful!

* Player interactions for you to ruin a perfectly good relationship for kicks!

* Agents, so you can add an extra 20% cost to every contract and transfer!

* More news, so you can clutter your inbox with even more League Cup roundups and weekly reports from your army of scouts, just so they can remind you that Paris is the capital of France!

* And many, many, many more (visit our forums to see all the other things we've broken since CM 01/02)!

TL / DR

After years of decline, this one is an utter failure of a game and I am sick and tired of hearing "oh, but don't you know how complex it is to fix something without breaking a million other things?"

SI as a company peaked ten years ago. Since then the lack of competition and past success has turned them from a devoted company committed to innovation and perfectionism to a mass market, churn 'em out and flog 'em quick.

They've had years and years and millions and millions to get it right but some of the very basics of the game are so bad it's embarrassing. When you see the lunacy of some of the things that happen during a match, it's staggering beyond belief.

Greed and Sloth. Those are the sins that are consuming SI Games and destroying what was once close to the perfect game.

I'm back on FM10, best version i've played.

I don't think I've even got further than a complete season in FM11. I can't get on with it. I do think in some respects it's a backwards step. Some very nice few features, but basics either don't work or are missing. I've personally never owned or known another game with so many issues as this one seems to have year after year.

I do come on the forum a lot to browse, so until I see another version in future years that i'd feel happy buying, i'll just keep casually rolling with FM10. :)

I'm back on FM10, best version i've played.

I don't think I've even got further than a complete season in FM11. I can't get on with it. I do think in some respects it's a backwards step. Some very nice few features, but basics either don't work or are missing. I've personally never owned or known another game with so many issues as this one seems to have year after year.

I do come on the forum a lot to browse, so until I see another version in future years that i'd feel happy buying, i'll just keep casually rolling with FM10. :)

I haven't even completed a season in FM11. It's horrible and a waste of 50 euros. FM10 is probably best football game I've ever played, and the greatest version of the Football Manager series.

i remember the dasy of text commentry no 2d or 3d matches, the only person who would complain about the match engine are the ones who would slow it down and read all the reports.. for example, losers who have to much time on their hands and ******* who think this game is real life like an actual game of football,

its a simulation get over it, play it or dont either way quit whining like a little man bitch who just watched his wife get ruined by a group of male chip n dales

...FM11 is the filth infested dungheap they come up with?

Special Features

* Goalkeepers who can ping a waist high backpass on to the instep of their striker 70 yards upfield with a first touch, weaker foot volley!

* Fullbacks who are happy to let strikers wander free down the flanks without getting goalside!

* Midfielders who charge to the opposition area to close down their centrebacks but don't do a damned thing about strikers who get in behind them!

* Wingers who can dribble down the flanks at will but who stop to let the defender tackle them when it's time to cross!

* Strikers who actually play quite realistically!

* Players of any position that can take up to a minute for every set piece without any repercussion whatsoever!

* And many, many, many more (visit our forums for a lovely selection of additional special features)!

Most of those i'm afraid really are down to your tactics. As for the rest I disagree except for press conferences, have had my ass. man do all of them since they were introduced and he generally messes up the answers destroying my squads morale, so it's either answer the same questions over and over myself or send the ass. man and try to limit the damage he caused by player interactions. (Which I find are much better in the latest patch).

I couldn't wait for the "it's your tactics" response.

Not my tactics - these things are as much what the opposition do as my team. I do not find the game difficult, in fact it's easy, just totally unrealistic. And when you watch matches in full, as I like to do, you come to realise just how far, far away it is from anything resembling a football match.

There's that old chestnut of two defenders waltzing on the 6 yard line while the opposition crosses from an obscure angle the keeper pings it off the post it bounces off one of the two defenders dancing around each other and goes in. You have 321 shots on target and the opposition has NONE and they win.

There's that old chestnut of two defenders waltzing on the 6 yard line while the opposition crosses from an obscure angle the keeper pings it off the post it bounces off one of the two defenders dancing around each other and goes in. You have 321 shots on target and the opposition has NONE and they win.

those are the games i enjoy most, its when i really feel like the game is following real life to an exact science.

4 or 5 times a season - every season. No matter what team you are, or what players you have, or what tactics you use. It just happens. It's like the game is reaching out and punching you right in the logic.

4 or 5 times a season - every season. No matter what team you are, or what players you have, or what tactics you use. It just happens. It's like the game is reaching out and punching you right in the logic.

SI prob add that "feature" to keep the forums interesting......hahaha :p

(not to brag but i just finished my first ever undefeated season)

I couldn't wait for the "it's your tactics" response.

Not my tactics - these things are as much what the opposition do as my team. I do not find the game difficult, in fact it's easy, just totally unrealistic. And when you watch matches in full, as I like to do, you come to realise just how far, far away it is from anything resembling a football match.

In that case it's your unrealistic expectations of a very new and evolving feature that at the moment doesn't do a perfect job of rendering the events in the game on a 3d graphical representation, something which I'm sure is pretty difficult to implement perfectly but that I'm also sure SI are working very hard on to get as good a it can be.

haha. put it delicately, eh? i am surprised that nobody has come out with the old "what are you struggling with? what personality did he have? let me help you, now go learn how to play the game. why are you so focussed on the bugs, why don´t you just close your eyes and hit continue like me? the game is not unplayable (even though you didn´t say it was) there´s a work around, you don´t know what you are talking about but i do"

it´s funny how you need help from someone who knows better, especially from a croud of people that closes their eyes and hits continue. :D rofl

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't suffered the torrent of diarrhoea that normally accompanies any hint of criticism. But then making valid observations in a semi-humorous fashion tends to elicit that effect. Not to mention that having played since 1996, I can happily slap down the "lol, you suck!" responses without blinking.

SI need to go back to the drawing board and start again from scratch. They're barking up the wrong trees, the game is going in completely the wrong direction. The really frustrating thing is that there are some areas, such as the player stats, newgens, training and development etc where the balance now is perfect and makes going back to CM01/02 unappealing. But the guff just drowns the good aspects of the game to make it unenjoyable as a gaming experience, and right now they're going further in the guff direction.

They really need the kick up the backside that serious competition would give them. Alas, they have none. This is what monopolies do. Abuse their market position and then die as the lack of creativity and value destroys the product. Right now they are in the abuse phase. They still have the power to turn around, sack some of the numpties they employ, and get back to creating a great game. If they don't, their decline is inevitable, no matter what they might believe. And what the apologists should remember is that what they think is "defending" the game is actually killing the game, slowly but inevitably.

Enough from me, I've made my decision not to buy FM12 and that's really all she wrote.

Isn't that what I just said in the last sentence, cretins?

Yes be we don't care that you're coming on here telling us all you won't buy it. Just don't buy it.

If you actually want to be constructive try the bugs forums i think a lot of people are sick of rubbish like this popping up all over general discussion, we have better things to talk about.

For me I find on most parts the game is very good, however the latest, lets hide the stats bug is just down right lazy on SI part, it is very obvious and could not be missed even is Stevie Wonder was bug testing. I do appreciate that SI were under a lot of pressure to release the patch due to the moronic rants as to "where is the patch SI, I cannot wait any longer", but that does not excuse slapdash efforts. If I could ask just a couple of points from SI before releasing FM12 they are that 1 - Miles does not spend so much time with pointless podcasts and video's of him telling us all how fantastic the game is, instead can he perhaps spend more time looking over the progress of the game. 2 - Stop using the old code (I believe the basic code is 5 years old now) It needs a full rewrite, when you just add new module each year you are eventually going to tie yourself up in coding hell.

Archived