Gaining Homegrowin Status for your Club

Hi I searched the forum in advanced to find a solution to this issue but couldn't find anything satisfactory so here is what I want to know.

The UEFA rules states that a player must be registrered for a club for three years between ages 15 - 21 to be considered homegrown.

So now I would like to know how does the game calculate homegrownstatus does it use a day-counter as for the nationality eligibility thing

or does it calculate in a different way?

IRL:

As I understand it the player doesn't need to be at the club for three full years I.E. 1095 days (3*365) but it is enough for him to be reigstred

for the club during some part of the season

An example would be John Guidetti of Manchester City (he moved there when he was 16) He has been on loan to a bunch of clubs and will be turning 19 this year. This should still qualify him for homegrown even though Man City have loaned him out to like Barnsley and Brommapojkarna since at the start of the year (including some part of pre season) he has always been part of the Manchester City squad.

Can someone explain how this works in the game. As I am currently snapping up a lot of 17-18year olds and I would like to know if I could loan them out to Affiliate clubs for them to get experience or if this will automatically disable their chances to be homegrown.

Edit:

Sorry about the spelling mistake in the header didn't work to change it with edit

I believe there's a bug in 11.2 in calculating the home grown status, and it's fixed in 11.3. You can look at the 11.3 change list and I think this is the first bug listed as fixed. Having said that, I don't know if loaning young players out will affect their status. When my young guys doesn't become home grown, I've always just put it down to the bug. I haven't actually tried 11.3 myself, but that's really the only bug that's somewhat bothersome for me personally. So hopefully it's really fixed.

Playing a game started on 11.2, updated to 11.3 and the 0-21 bug still exists. So bringing through regens is completely pointless if you're playing in the Champions League.

Can you shed some more light on how this bug effects the game?

I also think that if the player has turned 18 when you buy him he can't get homegrown status while he can if he join when he turns 18. Like the Da Silvas at United. They came to United on their 18th birthday so they will become homegrown, but if they had transferred a day later they would not be.

Two Argentines who joined me on their 18th birthday are described as 'formed at club 0-21' but are not being acknowledged as home grown when registering my squad for the Champions League or the Premier League.

A player that was bought at 16 and a player developed from my academy are being acknowledged. It appears to me that players are only becoming home grown if you sign them before their 18th birthday.

If none of the South Americans I'm developing are going to get classed as home grown, I'm going to have to have a tiny squad when submitting my squad lists as I won't meet the home grown grown quotas.

Some south americans do become home grown for me. But yeah, most of the time they don't, which is bothersome. I just try to sign some Spanish or Italian youths to compensate. But I think it's definitely a bug in the CL registration, not that they were signed too late or whatever. Because there are players in my squad who are considered home grown in the premier leagues registration, but not in the CL. One example is even a guy who was trained in England his whole career. I signed him at 22, thinking he'll at least be nation home grown, which he is in the premier league. Not in the CL though. Definitely an issue.

But knowing that this is still an issue in 11.3 as benji pointed out, I'm definitely not upgrading to that version now.

So let me flip the question around

Are my own regens always counted as homegrown?

Since a Regen at 17 shouldn't be counted as homegrown since he has yet to play 3 years between the age 15-21 for a club.

Also if I was theoretically to loan out one of my 16year old Regens (from my own club) and keep them loaned out until they turned 21

would they be ineligble for homegrown status?

Also if I was theoretically to loan out one of my 16year old Regens (from my own club) and keep them loaned out until they turned 21

would they be ineligble for homegrown status?

If you loaned him out within the same country, he'd qualify as homegrown in Nation, but not at Club, iirc.

I could be wrong but in previous FM's if a young player came from the youth academy it was automatically considered home grown. But now it requires 3 years at the club to be considered home grown.

I've buyed some regens (<18y) from other teams of my league and they do not show that will become home grown in the future. Meanwhile others that I've buyed from other countries will be home grown in the future. Is this normal?

Hi, are you certain about this? Because I've just loaned out a bunch of my aspiring 17yr old's to foreign countries thinking it would be better if they played in the premier division of a sub footballing country.

Archived