ragingbull's 5-3-2 Formation (iPhone)

Hi guys, I've been spending a few days trying to get the best out of the 5-3-2 formations that FMHi offers; and I think I have the best version now.

DOWNLOAD

532 Attacking

532 Defensive

Basically, depending upon the opposition, I alternate between 5-3-2 Attacking and 5-3-2 Defensive.

If the opposition have accomplished attackers, or you are unsure, then stick it on Defensive. For any other opposition, use Attacking.

532.png532defensive.png

For the defence, set the DCs to CTR, and whilst CMs work best as default, the can be changed to DLMs.

A large well-rounded Target Man and a fast calm Finisher/Poacher type player seems to do the trick up front.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My most successful tactics are as below:

IMG_0755.png

This due to the whole team which seem to press as a whole unit, whilst maintaining their individual duties also.

If you have any questions, suggestions, complaints, insults, then please post below, I would like to know if this works as well for other as it has worked for me. :cool:

This formation has also brought out the best of some of my players.

For Arsenal, I put Emmanuel Eboue on the right WBk, as he is generally the better athlete, and after a few Premier League matches, this is his CA/PA...

eboueawesome.png

He has clearly flourished under this role.

Likewise, it also brought out the best of Anatoliy Tymoschkuk, of FC Bayern. (whilst playing as DMC)

tymo44awesome.png

Hmmm, unfortunately, I no longer have that save game, however I'm about to start a 2020-21 season, and I can use 5-3-2 for that year and post result if you wish. I can also do a smaller team to show how it works with them too. Expect some screenshots soon then :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ragingbull, had some luck with your tactic so I've extracted and uploaded the tactics files themselves for others to download and try. Added links to your opening post and I'm going to add the thread to a 'tactics directory' type list in one of the stickies. Hope you don't mind - if you do just let me know :)

Hey ragingbull, had some luck with your tactic so I've extracted and uploaded the tactics files themselves for others to download and try. Added links to your opening post and I'm going to add the thread to a 'tactics directory' type list in one of the stickies. Hope you don't mind - if you do just let me know :)

That's fine by me. :) Glad to be able to help fellow players. Also, thanks for uploading tactic files for me.

• 5 months later...

Not getting too carried away as it's only been one game but I won 7-1! 63% possession 23 shots on target (out of 28) with my all youth Droylesden team in the championship. My record prior to this was w3 d3 l13 gf21 ga36. Think the only reason I conceded was because I'm still using grey goalkeepers! Using the defensive one btw! It seems to completely free the two cms who bagged 6 between them!

• 11 months later...
Guest nrvallen

In the Championship I'm using Southampton, with 4-4-2 attacking, with mentality set to attacking and passing set to short. Everything else as standard. Although I do pay attention to the roles of individual players. At present I am in the play-off places, despite a dip in form. I've scored plenty of goals, winning most games by scoring 4, 5, 6 or occasionally 7.

Archived