Sigh I've found a major bug in 11.3

It only said the contract was offered.

So you offered 55k - then you went on holiday?

So then the Ass Man took over and perhaps De Gea rejected contract - Ass Man negotiates a lower P/W deal - but there aren't enough other terms to see what's going on?

Was the 55k on a Backup - what signing on fee, agents fee, appearances, contract after x amount of games?

Did the Ass Man negotiate 28k a week but offer him a Key Role, bigger signing on fee, a new contract after x amount of games - any clauses like team of the year?

All I see is that the contract was offered. And a new one was negotiated while you were on holiday.

Any more info?

There was definitely no renegotiating the contract as there was no news messages about the rejection until AFTER I came back from holiday.

I actually experienced this while playing the game and happened to glance at the transfer center and saw the changed offer.

I then went to test out using holiday mode.

Obviously when I first offered at 55k it was as Key Player etc., else the agent would not have taken the offer back in the first place.

That's not necessarily true - I've had agents accept offers then come back and reject it a few days later.

If you have more screen shots of this and the contracts offered/accepted it would be good to see.

My save was after I offered the contract so no luck there.

You'll have to take my word for it that the holidaying is just a way to reliably reproduce the issue,

I actually did experience it while playing the game.

Not sure there's any point in reporting it, the Bugs Forum is like a ghost town.

Just hoping to catch one of the SI folks' attention.

I posted 3 things to the bug forums today and they were all responded to.

Best thing to do is try to get it to happen again - but keep a saved version of it. You'll be asked to submit a saved game. So if it happens all the time then you should be able to reproduce it and send it on.

• 1 month later...

I've caught another occurrence of this bug.

It's definately a bug because it happens without holidaying. I'd guess the agent rejected the contract offer and came back to renegotiate, but the AI took that part into its own hands without informing the player. Either that or it's really random.

I uploaded before/after screenshots and a savegame to your ftp. [if any file got corrupted during the upload do tell]

They are stored in the appropriate folders and named as follows:

lf_my_dream - contract terms randomly changing before.jpg

lf_my_dream - contract terms randomly changing after.jpg

lf_my_dream - contract terms randomly changing.zip

(there's also part of the .fm file but I cancelled that upload and zipped it up because of the size)

In case you check the savegame: the player affected here is Nolan Roux, so before continuing go to the transfer centre and check the contract offer to him. It should read 24k p/w until 2015. Then continue (once) to Sat August 7 12:00 and check again. It's now 11.5k till 2013.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Just saw this is in general. Just posted in the first relevant search result. If there's a thread in the bug forums redirect me please.

Archived