Wide Defenders not defending on opposition counter??

Something which has been really bugging me now. The opponent is on the break, they get passed some of your defence and all that is left is your DR or DL out wide.

You're shouting for him to come in and make the tackle, but he stays out wide and leaves the opposition to come running in and score!

Is this a bug or a tactics error or something??

The player clearly has enough time to come in and attempt to defend but he stays wide and watches the player get to the box.

I just had this but in my favour. My 2 fast forwards broke from a defending corner whilst their defender stayed in a wide position getting deeper and deeper ensuring my forwards stayed onside. The defender made no attempt to move towards the forwards and they just walked the ball in.

yeah i think the same all i want them to do is play anti football take the player out and take the yellow card but they never do ! :( is there any way to put that ? if not each player should have a "anti football" intruction that you can tick or untick and i would have it for every player !

yeah i think the same all i want them to do is play anti football take the player out and take the yellow card but they never do ! :( is there any way to put that ? if not each player should have a "anti football" intruction that you can tick or untick and i would have it for every player !

Thats obviously not what I'm talking about. I want him to come off the wing when he's the laast player back and defend which isn't "anti-football" its called "defence".

Do us a favour please and don't post such stupid remarks

Archived