Strikers in 11.3

Has anyone else noticed a sudden plummet in their strikers abilities to hit the mark since 11.3?

In my Fulham game, scoring has never been an issue - Lukaku, Griffiths and Kamara have been banging them in for fun (it's been a leaky defence that's been the problem).

Since patching to 11.3 though these three guys can't hit a barn door. When they miss, they don't just miss by inches, they miss by 5 or 10 feet. Suddenly I've gone from averaging 1-2 goals per game to averaging 1 goal every 2 games, and not through lack of chances, through lack of the ability of these same players to even test the keeper.

Of course, players with single-digit Long Shots stats can still bang in 40 yard screamers in the 89th minute, but that's another gripe entirely.

Anyone else noticed a problem with good quality strikers form dropping away suddenly in 11.3?

I've actually noticed the opposite. Before the patch my strikers almost never converted a one-on-one into a goal. Now I'm scoring much more often.

In my experience a lot of strikers seem to have this problem when they go a few games without a goal. Once they find the net again for the first time they start scoring more consistently.

completely opposite for me too...

since 11.3 its been much better...no longer do my strikers miss by a good several feet 7/8x a game each...if they have relatively good finishing/composure etc they will convert the easier chances 9 out of 10

I've actually noticed the opposite. Before the patch my strikers almost never converted a one-on-one into a goal. Now I'm scoring much more often.

Me too, before the patch most of my goals seemed to come from attacking midfielder & defenders at corners. Now my strikers are finding the back of the net. My Chilean regen striker hit 7 in his first 2 starts for the club!!

I have this problem too.. Ibrahimovic has been totally useless, totally outclassed by every defender he comes up against. His shots usually are closer to the corner flag. Either that, or directly at the keeper. Robinho has improved slightly and is my only goal scorer at the moment. Pato has been totally useless too.

I havent managed to get my strikers to score consistently on any version of fm2011 so far though im still 15 games into the season and trying to remain positive that a turn in fortune is around the corner. Still hanging in 5th and dropping behind the pace..

I signed Karim benzema for liverpool for 8 million (dont know why he was transfer listed, i wasnt going to say no!) and 9 times out of 10 on a one on one situation he cooly finishes into a corner of the net. So opposite for me as well, have you checked there attributes for a drop in composure? (its your training schedule) :-)

In my experience a lot of strikers seem to have this problem when they go a few games without a goal. Once they find the net again for the first time they start scoring more consistently.

yeah ive noticed this more aswell

Archived