Player requests transfer due to not being played yet he hasn't missed a game.

You should maybe read the rules of the forums.

Look this has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over. It will not happen, ever, there will always be a new version of the game every year. If you dont understand the reasons for this, then you will never will.

It was stated as a feature of the patch that players would no longer become unhappy if they were being played.

I quote "- Stopped players requesting transfers due to not playing enough games when they have played regularly"

You were saying?

"the content of your post is not what i am talking about" - Seriously wtf? That makes no sense. Why would you post on a subject you aren't talking about?

I am entitled as the next guy to state my opinions and suggestions, thats why they call it a FORUM.

And who are you to say that guys at SI aren't looking at this right now saying "hey that guy has a point"

Do you work for SI or are you their chosen representative?

Forum rules regarding not posting in full caps

Of course you can suggest all you want, but considering the mods closed down another thread discussing this earlier this moring i would say its a topic not encouraged on here.

I can promise you 100% no one at SI will be sitting there thinking "ok this guy has a point lets not make a new game for this year"

Nobody here has any idea what goes into to making the game work.

Stating a company should hold off an fix a game instead of releasing a new one is absolutely crazy. You don't know what's involved in fixing or writing a game.

So don't make suggestions on something you don't have a clue about.

"I can promise you 100% no one at SI will be sitting there thinking "ok this guy has a point lets not make a new game for this year"

You can promise but you can not guarantee.

Like i said it would it not just be better to just give them £30 for a transfer update and get a working bug free game? Cant see how you disagree. Were the new features this year really all that great?

Match preparation is a load of bull, i just leave it on team blend and never seem to any problems.

PS: Point taken on the caps.

I didn't mean that in harsh or cruel way by the way. Simply that it's a lot more complex.

I understand that the patches have bugs in them, and it's quite mad at the moment. But really you're better off letting SI run the game and make these decisions as they have a much better understanding than you or I.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the game. Personally I won't be buying FM12 until the 3rd patch is released around this time next year.

"I can promise you 100% no one at SI will be sitting there thinking "ok this guy has a point lets not make a new game for this year"

You can promise but you can not guarantee.

Like i said it would it not just be better to just give them £30 for a transfer update and get a working bug free game? Cant see how you disagree. Were the new features this year really all that great?

Match preparation is a load of bull, i just leave it on team blend and never seem to any problems.

PS: Point taken on the caps.

I would not pay £30 for a transfer update that they usually release for free, and that someone in the editors forum will create for free anyway. That would not make any buisness sense and SI will never do that, again sorry to say it but they have covered this, its not going to happen.

A games company has to release games to keep itself going, SI only make FM, nothing else, so no game, means no money, which in turn will mean no more SI, which means no more FM.

Not all the features are perfect yet, but i find most of the a good edition, MP is a bit rubbish i agree, but i never look at so it doesnt bother me at all.

I thought it was really simple the idea in the OP.

Hold off on a new game but release a transfer update to keep the game fresh and charge for it to keep money flowing, all the while get the game fixed.

How is that unreasonable?

Because you have no idea on how updating or releasing a new game works. You don't know their workflow.

They've probably been working on FM 12 since FM11 was released. It's might even be at testing stage right now then again it might not.

But you have absolutely zero idea how any of it works.

That thing you posted about the player being unhappy. That could be a weird anomaly, glitch, etc that happened. Yeh it was declared to be fixed, but there's only so much testing they can do.

If you're game isn't working they have made it clear that you can upload your game to a FTP site for testing so they can narrow down these weird anomalies.

But asking someone to hold off on something when you have no idea how it works is just insane.

You'd think if you re-read your first post, just the caps you'd find out how stupid this thread is.

Sorry but "*facepalm*" How ******* gay. Why not just say something instead using childish text speak.

Rafa2007 - You have never ever been annoyed and gone off on one? Ever?

Sorry but "*facepalm*" How ******* gay. Why not just say something instead using childish text speak.

Yeah, much more mature to resort to swearing and homophobic insults...

I'm confused, how am I using text speak? I'm pretty sure I'm typing in full sentences and words my friend.

Sure there's times I've been annoyed at the game, but I don't run onto the forums crying like a little baby saying they should can next year's FM and fix every single little bug that is in the current game. Fact is games like FM will always have little bugs in them, and as far as I'm concerned unless they are absolutely game breaking then there is no real issue, this seems to be a very rare issue to the point I've hardly seen it reported at all. Yet you want them to can FM12 just to fix these little bugs? Let's be realistic here.

While the name calling? Well it just shows how mature you are, maybe you should disconnect your internet for a while buddy.

While I can understand the idea, hardly anyone - if anyone at all - would pay £30 for just an update of a game when the huge majority of the paying public would want a NEW game instead of adding updates to what would in effect be an older game. So if SI put off doing a new game and just concentrated on doing an update it would be them who would lose out big time because, like I said, no one would pay £30 for JUST an update. I know you can never say never, but in realistic terms and in this situation you can.

No such thing and never will be. Every single game that has ever been released will have bugs of some kind, big or small. Granted, that's why patches are released, BUT they are mainly released to fix the bigger well known bugs and issues - there still could be a lot smaller bugs roaming around in the game. After a certain amount of time patches cease being released for games because companies and people go on to make other, bigger games and it's also not viable or financially sensible to just keep on releasing updates/patches for games.

Also it depends on how complex the game is - the more complex and bigger the game, the more chance of a lot more possible bugs. As this is a football sim and there is a LOT in the game, it would be impossible to get rid of every single bug from the game because of the huge amount of coding for the game. The more time SI put into doing an update to make this version "bug free", takes away the time they would have to make the next installment, even IF the next version was to get released in October 2012. Also, what would happen after FM2013? People would STILL come on here and say about the "bugs" being in the game and that time should be taken to make the game "bug free" rather than release an "unplayable" game, so we'd all be back here at square one again. It would be never-ending!

I have seen a few threads on here from people saying how crap Match Preparation is and yet they haven't even looked into how it actually works, so I don't understand on how they can say it's crap but yet have not taken the time to look into how it works in the game. I personally have and use it every single time and actually quite like it. I have noticed that there is a difference as well in using it for my matches as when I use the Attacking Movement, my team seems to attack better than if I just leave it on Team Blend. Same as on Defensive Positioning - my team seem to defend better. Also the Match Preparation IS a new feature to the game series as well so it will not be perfect by anyone's standards BECAUSE it's new. It will probably be tweaked here and there and made more refined in future versions of the game so to batter it and say it's a load of bull after only it's first outing is a bit premature. All it needs is some time and it can me made better than what it is at the moment.

Plus, have you actually taken the time and looked into Match Preparation to understand how it works? If not I suggest you read this and if you do put in the time and use it, you will find that it DOES make a difference to how your team plays -

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242575-How-to-Play-FM-A-(Very)-Short-Guide-to-Match-Preparation-Strategies-and-Motivation?highlight=match+preparation

dfa120374

Hi there, nice to see someone on here not getting all high and mighty, thanks for your excellent response.

Regarding what you said about match preparation, i just wanted to say that the two game careers i've played out the longest (Rangers + Liverpool) the match preparation was set to high team blend and left and i went to be very successful with both teams (back to back league and FA cup double and champions league win in first 2 seasons at Liverpool v11.2.1) I'm not the first or only person to report this.

Archived