Countries hosting UEFA/World Cup

Hey,

Just wondering about countries which are set to host UEFA Championships and the World Cup. In real life, in order to host these, the host must have the correct facilities, namely stadia. In my game, Italy are favourites to win a bid to be host of the UEFA Championships in whatever year, and I was wondering if the game reflects real life? Will stadiums be getting rebuilt or does it just go with the stadiums which are there just get used? If its the latter, it may be an interesting tid-bit to put into the game, something which players can look forward to - new stadia!

Veering a wee bit here, it would be nice if Italy did win UEFA Champs host status in a few years, it would spark the Serie A back into life in my honest opinion. You only have to look at Germany with the world Cup to see the fruits!

I believe the host selection for international tournaments is based on the nation's reputation and importance in the football world. Real life requirements don't matter at all, and there's no effect on the host nation's leagues.

There's no financial model in the international side of the game, so you don't get any money gained or lost by hosting any tournaments. It is something that probably should be explored more, especially with dynamic league reputation, so that if China/India host the world cup one day and the FA makes a shedload of money, they can put this back into the league and make it stronger as a result.

There's no financial model in the international side of the game, so you don't get any money gained or lost by hosting any tournaments. It is something that probably should be explored more, especially with dynamic league reputation, so that if China/India host the world cup one day and the FA makes a shedload of money, they can put this back into the league and make it stronger as a result.

That would be amazing, like irl if you're trying to improve a league hosting a major tournament would end up being such a great boost.

Even if there was some kind of message giving details on how football in the country was improving, e.g. "due to Australia/USA hosting the 2042 World Cup, there has been a great boost in sponsorship for A League/MLS teams and participation in the sport at a junior level has grown." This may indicate that either the importance stat or the ability of regens that appear will be better.

Archived