Okay SI this is just getting rediculous!

So I am managing the Central Coast Mariners in the A-league. I've put together a decent side this time around, all of my previous attempts with Australian sides, at least since FM2007 have just been dreadful. I couldn't even get their national team firing on FM2007...

Anyhow, so I managed to have a decent season, I came second in the A-league which is all well and good, with Brisbane being runaway winners and I now had to face them in the A-league grandfinal. I've played them 5 times this season and I had a good handle on the tactics for this match. Anyhow we played well enough in normal time and force extra time where I chucked on my young quick striker (no spoilers) and nicked 2 quick goals to be leading 2-0 at half time in extra time. I decided that I'd try going a bit more defensive now and using time wasting.

THEY SCORED 2 GOALS IN THE LAST 3 MINUTES!!!!!1!!!!

THAT INCLUDED A GOAL WITH THE LAST KICK OF THE BALL!!!!!

Really SI what the hell?! Defensive tactics and time wasting ==> Goals against! What the hell?! Not realistic at all!

Then to make matters worse my team were shaky and we lost the penalty shootout 4-2!!!!

I should have won!!!! YOU CHEATS YOU CHEATS YOU DIRTY CHEATS!!!!

UNREALISTIC! I'm never buying another copy again, this is just bollocks SI you thieves! You're stealing our money with this rigged crap!!!

Time wasting and defensive tactics shouldn't just mean you lose!!!!

So I am managing the Central Coast Mariners in the A-league. I've put together a decent side this time around, all of my previous attempts with Australian sides, at least since FM2007 have just been dreadful. I couldn't even get their national team firing on FM2007...

Anyhow, so I managed to have a decent season, I came second in the A-league which is all well and good, with Brisbane being runaway winners and I now had to face them in the A-league grandfinal. I've played them 5 times this season and I had a good handle on the tactics for this match. Anyhow we played well enough in normal time and force extra time where I chucked on my young quick striker (no spoilers) and nicked 2 quick goals to be leading 2-0 at half time in extra time. I decided that I'd try going a bit more defensive now and using time wasting.

Really SI what the hell?! Defensive tactics and time wasting ==> Goals against! What the hell?! Not realistic at all!

Then to make matters worse my team were shaky and we lost the penalty shootout 4-2!!!!

UNREALISTIC! I'm never buying another copy again, this is just bollocks SI you thieves! You're stealing our money with this rigged crap!!!

This scenario has happened quite reguarly here in Scotland with me where I am managing Rangers, particuarly last season when I finished 3rd.

Ironically in my second season here I have drawn 2 and lost 2 games. On the opening day I was 2-0 up and lost 3-2 to Hearts, was 2-1 up and drew 2-2 with the last kick (literally) against Inverness, conceeded a last minute goal against PSG, and also last minute goals against Santos AND Valencia in the Ibrox Tournament.

Incedently I rarely concede late goals, although I currently sit top of the SPL.

That nobody cares about?! How about me and the other 50,167 people at the game, the well over 10,000,000 viewership around Australia, Asia and the World and the public of Brisbane who have been through hell and back in the last 4 months?

Nah, they don't count, apparently only virgin's with sexually explicit usernames count!

But yes, it was an incredible match and I just realised that it sounded so much like so many of the "it's unrealistic threads" posted here there and everywhere on this forum.

I actually thought this post was a joke for a minute. Then, I realised that it is not....wow. Mr Blobby is right, you sound like Fergie. Build a bridge...

...it is a joke. Thats exactly what happened in the a-league grand final on Sunday. 0-0 at full time CCM took a 2-0 lead in extra time only for Brisbane to score two goals in the last few minutes including off a corner right at the death, they then went on to win on penalties.

That nobody cares about?! How about me and the other 50,167 people at the game, the well over 10,000,000 viewership around Australia, Asia and the World and the public of Brisbane who have been through hell and back in the last 4 months?

Nah, they don't count, apparently only virgin's with sexually explicit usernames count!

But yes, it was an incredible match and I just realised that it sounded so much like so many of the "it's unrealistic threads" posted here there and everywhere on this forum.

Sexually explicit? You really should get out more :p

So when you score 2 quick goals its ok but when the opponent does it its wrong? :rolleyes:

Also when you start to play more defensive you are playing with fire.

You're yelling at the wrong people mate.

So when you score 2 quick goals its ok but when the opponent does it its wrong? :rolleyes:

Its a joke thread because of the A-League final the other day.

I actually thought this post was a joke for a minute. Then, I realised that it is not....wow. Mr Blobby is right, you sound like Fergie. Build a bridge...

Ah... what? It is a joke!

Dude?! Really?!

About 3 or 4 people have pointed out what it was about including me and you still missed it?

Sexually explicit? You really should get out more :p

Yeah, maybe...

Still, that moment that Paartalu scored the second goal is just... Incredible. They don't call Lang Park the Cauldron for no reason. It's been a long time since I've heard that kind of noise.

Though, off topic I bit I feel sorry for the kid whose family was in front of me at the match. About 5 minutes into the second period of extra time McKay (the Captain) fired over from long distance and the father got up and said they should get going to miss the traffic. The son then asked him "but what if Brisbane come back?", he looked at his son with a look of dissapointment and said "Son, that isn't going to happen..."

Yep, something people never quite get that. As the great Brian Clough said, they can't score a goal if you have the ball up their end!

We get a thread like this every time a ridiculous result occurs, I think people get it.

You'd think that, until you see a thread like this at least once a day for a result that someone had on football manager!

You've also got to admit it was a fairly remarkable result in the end. The Central Coast went from 2 goals up with 3 minutes to play to losing 4-2 on penalties!

Things like this happen anyway even IRL. Go back and check 99 CL final between Bayern vs Man U. It's the classic example. Bayern crusing at 1-0 until the second half injury time, and man u scored 2 in the injury time to win the CL. Even CL finalists can choke in the last minute, and I'm pretty sure they know how to play time wasting as well.

Btw, you can't time waste a game if you don't have the ball. So, just because you set your instruction to play time wasting, it won't always work.

I love the OP, even if he did pick a league with no media interest anywhere outside of Australia.

As someone who was there, I was gutted. For it to be a corner, something they should have practiced defending week in, week out... That's what hurt. Henrique's was the result of incessant pressure, and lots of numbers in the box, but the second... :(

Also, McBreen's penalty was weak. It wasn't even just a bit poor, he might as well have skied it over the bar for all the good it was.

As for the Brisbane crowd - I was there for the second leg of the semi, that crowd is not good. Both times they were outsung by the Mariners contingent until the Roar scored. Be aware of the beginning of the Glory supporters (and by that, I don't mean Perth...)

Archived