Post season training

I've just come to the end of my first Greek superleague season and have discovered they extend the regular season with a group stage European play off that goes on for about a month after the final regular league fixtures. I presume that my players will continue training until the end of the play off games even though we have no games scheduled, which makes me consider whether I should let my players train or not. On the one hand, if I stop training now presumably all my rivals will continue training and gain an advantage. On the other hand, I run the risk of injuries even though there's no need to train (my best young defender got a broken leg in the first week of post season training and is out for 7 months :( ). What's everyone else's take on this, train, rest or something in between?

Oh wait, the game is better than I was anticipating, my squad were sent away on holiday 12 days after the last fixture. A bit random and my defender's leg is still somewhat bent but it'll have to do I gess. Oh and yes, my training schedules are heavy :p

Archived