How long for team to blend together?

I've had my Match Preparation on 'Team Blend' and High Workload for half the season now, but we're in December and still they're 'someway short of operating as unit'.

Is it dependent on the coaches I have or any other factors? How long until there's cohesion amongst the squad and I concentrate Match Preparation on other areas?

are you changing the team around at all? if you play the same first eleven as much as injuries, fitness and suspensions allow then they'll become *used* to playing together. If match prep says your team are fluid in your tactics you can reduce the intensity of it and let them train... team blend works constantly so even at 10% you get cohesion. Are you winning games? Good morale breeds friendships.. Can everybody understand each other?

lots of things to consider :)

So Team Blend is independent of the Workload intensity?

Team Blend is literally that - blending the squad into a team it's effects are incremental and permanent which is the opposite of the other special focus areas whose effects are a "temporary boost" rather than a permanent fix. Having your workload intensity on high is only beneficial up to the point that the tactic is fluid in all areas, you should reduce it to 10-20% then which frees up more time for training. Ideally you should have match prep on team blend at all times unless you wish to focus on a particular area for the next game. If that's the case then you only need to change the focus one or two days prior to the match and immediately after you should switch it back to team blend.

Uhh, what I've seen from the match prep and team blend is very counter intuitive.

When you talk about players not blending on the team I assume new guys that the asst man says is trying to blend with the team in match feedback.

I've never seen the match prep team blend effect that at all... however if you use team blend then the progression of learning a new tactic in match prep seems to be faster.

So to me, team blend is just a way of increasing the learning rate of a new tactic and has nothing to do with getting new players to settle in with the team faster... because no matter what I've done it's always taken the better part of a season for new guys to settle in.

Uhh, what I've seen from the match prep and team blend is very counter intuitive.

When you talk about players not blending on the team I assume new guys that the asst man says is trying to blend with the team in match feedback.

I've never seen the match prep team blend effect that at all... however if you use team blend then the progression of learning a new tactic in match prep seems to be faster.

So to me, team blend is just a way of increasing the learning rate of a new tactic and has nothing to do with getting new players to settle in with the team faster... because no matter what I've done it's always taken the better part of a season for new guys to settle in.

Team Blend is Morale and team building - team cohesion - making the parts a whole... if you focus on another area for more than a day or two it will impact negatively on the time it takes to reach fluid as they have less time to learn the tactic. Team Blend at all times except when you're preparing for a specific threat/opportunity, average to high for 3 months should give you fluid in all areas unless your tactic is particularly complicated (they're just footballers you know?).

Once they reach fluid, 10% is enough...

But I've read contradicting information that claims the 'None' option is the quickest at boosting fluidity levels. It'd make sense if that Team Blend effected the Team Talk cohesion levels rather then the tactics.....

Really wish SiGames would clear this up as the description in the manual is far too vague and brief. There's an ok explanation in the tactics forum but most of that is estimation rather than fact.

But I've read contradicting information that claims the 'None' option is the quickest at boosting fluidity levels. It'd make sense if that Team Blend effected the Team Talk cohesion levels rather then the tactics.....

Really wish SiGames would clear this up as the description in the manual is far too vague and brief. There's an ok explanation in the tactics forum but most of that is estimation rather than fact.

Would be nice if they actually told us how the game was supposed to work better then they do. But all I know is what I've seen in experience, I've had team blend set for half a season and the new faces didn't settle into the team any faster then others that haven't had it set at all.

Would be nice if they actually told us how the game was supposed to work better then they do. But all I know is what I've seen in experience, I've had team blend set for half a season and the new faces didn't settle into the team any faster then others that haven't had it set at all.

they have to play!

nrrr I give in.. :(

they have to play!

nrrr I give in.. :(

You mean the players have to play to blend? Hmm... you mean like the new guys I bring onto the team and start EVERY game? The team blend still doesn't matter.

But if you mean we need to play to understand how these things work. Duh... The point is it's annoying to make a save, learn all these little things, then start over and do it right when you know what you are doing just because SI like some weird mysteriousness about the game.

Archived