does the population of the country or area where your club is based effect attendance

say if you were managing a team in germany and then northern ireland, will the number of supporters that go to your game be different.

also if your club is based in a more populated part of a country, based in london compared to derby for example.

say if you were managing a team in germany and then northern ireland, will the number of supporters that go to your game be different.

also if your club is based in a more populated part of a country, based in london compared to derby for example.

IIRC there is a population stat or something that the attendances are linked to, impossible to get 100k in an area with 50k people, etc

Attendances are pre-set in database (well lowest possible, highest possible and current average is).

this changes over time, was getting 40000 with torquay they start with less than a quarter of that as their max attendance.

Northern Irish teams are lucky to get a few thousand at the games IRL so its not really a good comparising. Its nothing to do with the size of the country just the size of the league and the fact that England and Rangers/Celtic are close by takes fans away from Iirish League games.

Some regions get "not set" too. I've had on FM2010 65,000 attendance (after a long, long time and many CL wins) at st Mirren - and they have 70,000 population in paisley I believe, but it's just not set.

I don't know how strict it is though and there seems to be.. other numbers that I dont really understand. It's tough to know how it all works.

Archived