Playing on the right hand (away) side...

In neutral fixtures like cup finals. Whenever I'm draw as the 'away' team in these fixtures I automatically assume I'm at a disadvantage! Psychologically, ever since the early CM series I've thought this, as have some of my peers. Do you have this inexplicable right hand side syndrome too? :D Is there any truth in this whatsoever, or does the game give no advantage in these situations?

Also, how about matches in which both teams are at home, i.e. Milan derby? I know you're assigned to a 'home' and 'away' fixture, but is there any tangible advantage in these situations?

In neutral fixtures like cup finals. Whenever I'm draw as the 'away' team in these fixtures I automatically assume I'm at a disadvantage! Psychologically, ever since the early CM series I've thought this, as have some of my peers. Do you have this inexplicable right hand side syndrome too? :D Is there any truth in this whatsoever, or does the game give no advantage in these situations?

Also, how about matches in which both teams are at home, i.e. Milan derby? I know you're assigned to a 'home' and 'away' fixture, but is there any tangible advantage in these situations?

pfft.. poppycock

Yes i always get that feeling. Although it makes no difference.

I have always thought this....in fact when I reach a cup final or play off final, I always curse if I am shown as the "away" side, I'm sure it makes no difference, but it just makes me feel like I am the away side.

I have always thought this....in fact when I reach a cup final or play off final, I always curse if I am shown as the "away" side, I'm sure it makes no difference, but it just makes me feel like I am the away side.

If I lose in a final I always blame it on the fact that I was 'away' :D. Also, the advice says be less harsh in your team talks away from home; what about cup finals?! If I think losing 1-0 isn't good enough and I want to say that, would that have a negative effect as we are 'away' from home?

Archived