Hyundai A League

I finished top of the League with Perth Glory however lost in the Play-Off Final, so I was expecting a League title to come my way, which it didnt.

Do you have to win the Grand Final to be given the League &/or Cup Title?

On the competition history it says Regular Season winners - Perth Glory but on my manager profile I do not have the league title win?

I finished top of the League with Perth Glory however lost in the Play-Off Final, so I was expecting a League title to come my way, which it didnt.

Do you have to win the Grand Final to be given the League &/or Cup Title?

On the competition history it says Regular Season winners - Perth Glory but on my manager profile I do not have the league title win?

Hi NffcBash.

Unfortunately, despite all of your hard work in the League you can only be crowned as 'Champions' if you have won the Finals Series.

Winning this will display a league title victory in your Manager Profile.

Sorry about that! :p

So you play a league in a season and then there is a mini tourney at the end? Im guessing between top 4?

So you could go unbeaten all season thrashing everyone and when it gets to the finals you lose your first game and you have lost the league title.

That's exactly it mate, wish I knew before I started!

As I understand it there are 6 Play Off Spaces and it works like (correct me if I am wrong!)

1st V 2nd = Winner goes straight to the Grand Final, Runner Up goes into the Preliminary Final

Winner of (3rd V 6th) Vs Winner of (4th V 5th) = Winner out of the four goes into the Preliminary Final

Then the Preliminary final is played with the winner progressing to the Grand Final

The Grand final then decides the Title Winner, PHEW!

I think its great if your a team expecting to finish outside the top 4, because you have a chance to win it, its great for a neutral also.

But if you (like me) have been top 2 seasons in a row by a fairly significant amount of points its very annoying, perhaps the top 6 enter into a seperate cup, then it would be better.

I'm quite enjoying it now, into the Final of the Asian Champions League, although the Regular Season is boring, far too easy with a couple of decent loan signings!

Archived