Coach reports stating competitive streaks as a weakness

Should a player having a competitive streak which leads them to bend the rules at times necessarily be considered a bad thing? Look at all the most successful players/managers around.the majority of them are the kind of people who win at all costs.

So should such an attribute necessarily go down under weaknesses?

Bending the rules is not the same as determined to win at all costs. Both result in yellow cards, true, but there are players who are rule-benders and are hardly determined to win...

competitive streak which leads them to bend the rules at times
is an indication that the player's dirtiness hidden stat is high. This probably isn't a good thing. The 'win at all costs' attitude comes more from determination or aggression, which are probably good things.

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

*cough* Drogba *cough* icon_wink.gif

The whole point of the cough tactic is to hide what you're saying, making it bold seems a bit obvious icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you also want to merge the cough and the word together

*coffogba* icon_biggrin.gif

I would suggest that a low sportsmanship attribute will be more influential than dirtiness in terms of this appearing in the report.

I like to play a relatively clean game, so I would tend to avoid players who this came up for unless I really wanted them (I also avoid players with a low workrate or no natural fitness/stamina, but that's partly cause of my style of play - I rely on my attacking players putting in a lot of graft).

Eccentricity is a two-edged sword. Either you will have a keeper like barthez (high) who will sometimes make unbelievable saves but also sometimes make unbelievable ****-ups, or you will have a player like Friedel who will be solid if unspectacular. It's down to personal taste.

Guest arrogantio

Low sportsmanship, high dirtiness players get booked more often which is a weakness

There may be more benefits to having those types of players than are clearly evident though. The match engine feedback on challenges isn't really sufficient to know how much can be gained from unsportsmanlike players exaggerating challenges to win freekicks and get opponents booked, or whether dirty players tend to be clever about making cynical challenges and so frequently get away with them.

Archived