Money you have made

Would you like something done to the money you have made  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like something done to the money you have made

• Yes, it needs a revamp
    • No, stupid idea

Hey guys i was wondering what you would think about something done with the money you have made?

I mean not Total club manager? where you buy a wife, but maybe like a leaderboard where then you could have like trying to beat real managers and how much they have made and online intergration where you could compare yourself to everyone else and how much they have made, it would make some people then go for higher wages and create a mini comp?

Or maybe a message from your bank manager you have made your first £x million

Knowing the internet it would also make people edit their contracts with FMRTE to 500k a week just so they could get ahead in the table. For me the money made is simply a nice touch it's very rare I actually look at it.

I like the idea of an online leader-board, perhaps through Steam? But I’m not all for buying random crap with your money, it’s Football Manager, not the Sims, or Football Chairmen, which people tend to suggest here and there.

I'd like to be able to invest it (possibly back) into a (the) club.

Take charge of Manchester City, relegate them, take the wages, invest it in a League Two side...

I think you can do that on TCM?

I did like starting up my own club though, on TCM04

I've said time and time again:

When you get to the age of about 75 or something you retire - the money you've accumulated you can choose what club to invest that in.

You then add a new manager and you can take over that club - and that would have the extra money available.

So you could be fond of Accrington Stanley and at the end of your 40 year career you ply your money in there. Add a New Manager and take over at Accrington Stanley and they would have a "Rich" status.

But it could be any team of your liking. The whole point is that you take them over and continue playing your long save.

Reason for this is because I once got to 100 years of age, and there nobody ever going to manage until they 100 years old. So it would another dimension to the game and encourage people to have long saves.

But you don't have to retire at 75, you could decide to retire your manager career at 55 or 60 or whatever, the point is the money you've saved up gets invested so you can continue your career game at a more realistic age.

I've said time and time again:

When you get to the age of about 75 or something you retire - the money you've accumulated you can choose what club to invest that in.

You then add a new manager and you can take over that club - and that would have the extra money available.

So you could be fond of Accrington Stanley and at the end of your 40 year career you ply your money in there. Add a New Manager and take over at Accrington Stanley and they would have a "Rich" status.

But it could be any team of your liking. The whole point is that you take them over and continue playing your long save.

Reason for this is because I once got to 100 years of age, and there nobody ever going to manage until they 100 years old. So it would another dimension to the game and encourage people to have long saves.

But you don't have to retire at 75, you could decide to retire your manager career at 55 or 60 or whatever, the point is the money you've saved up gets invested so you can continue your career game at a more realistic age.

Surely that could unbalance the game? If you made a billion like dafuge and put it in a blue square premier league that would ruin the whole leage

Why not?

Would you prefer to continue on the game at 125 years old? Or would you have your character in the game die? Or retire and all that money you made is just pointless???

Investing in a club and continuing your save could be a way forward

Why not?

Would you prefer to continue on the game at 125 years old? Or would you have your character in the game die? Or retire and all that money you made is just pointless???

Investing in a club and continuing your save could be a way forward

I thinking why this game is called Football Manager. :p

So what? Are you saying it can never happen?

Not everyone is going to make a Billion quid.

Yes but you have to cater to both extremes, and im not saying it cant happen but realistalicaly (sp) is it going to happen? though if they bought luton i wouldnt complain

Actually is there any use for your salary as Manager other than to drain your clubs resources? I always negotiate mine down to the lowest amount allowed by the board (usually about 1/2 what my ass man makes). But I do the 2938448 seasons at one club saves. In the journeymans does having a baller salary get you better gigs or ....?

QPR and Notts County.

I just don’t see the point. If you want to invest billions into a club, use FMRTE. It’s a Manager game, not a Tycoon.

What happens once you own a club? You become owner/manager, it’s just not the best idea (in my opinion).

Also how would it ruin the league? Sure, the team would be rich, they might buy and win their way up the leagues, but how is that a problem? within a decade they'll be in the premier league and be just another rich premiership team.

In my eyes its a novel suggestion, the only issue I see with it is that 99% of the playerbase will not reach that point I'd say and even if they did, would they want to make use of it? it's a case of a feature that could be interesting, but the required time to implement it wouldnt really be worth it, and also it could even hamper some people's games by making them give into "temptation" :p.

So well.. interesting suggestion anyhow.

Oh heavens

Who said anything about owning a club.

You're 75 you RETIRE from the game. It comes up "INVEST THE €xxxxxxxxxx you've made into a club? Y / N? Then click YES then pick a club.

WOW that club as a bit of money now.

Ok ADD manager - takeover new club - the club you invested in or any other club.

It's not a difficult concept.

Also how would it ruin the league? Sure, the team would be rich, they might buy and win their way up the leagues, but how is that a problem? within a decade they'll be in the premier league and be just another rich premiership team.

In my eyes its a novel suggestion, the only issue I see with it is that 99% of the playerbase will not reach that point I'd say.

Exactly...

All I'm saying is - as pointed out a lot of people don't have long saves - it might encourage some people to play longer save games if there's a point that you can invest the cash into a club of their liking at the end of their illustrious career as a Football Manager.

I think that would be a cracking addition Eugene.

Especially if they made it optional. Obviously you wouldnt have to retire, but if you wished to make it more realistic then you have the option of investing earnings and starting a new career with a new profile. Or if you dont like the idea then just don't invest and start a new save or whatever.

It could definatley add to the longetivity of saves.

This is a good feature i think, should be considered for 2012.

Also a kind of hidden tables section showing clubs that have grossed the most in player sales, player purchases, the player with the highest accumulated income.

As i say they are hidden, you have to type "moneyball" into the search box to access them :), or something like that

All I'm saying is - as pointed out a lot of people don't have long saves - it might encourage some people to play longer save games if there's a point that you can invest the cash into a club of their liking at the end of their illustrious career as a Football Manager.

Of course you do realise not all the money you have been paid would be available don't you??

Tax, house, car, children, grandchildren, food, etc etc.

No-one makes it to 75yo without spending a high % of their income.

EDIT

What happens if the club you want to invest in has a chairman/board that is happy and doesn't want to leave?

Alright, I may have mis-read your post, you won’t own the club, but I really can’t see how this will make people play 50+ seasons of FM.

The people that do play for that long usually start off in lower leagues, and do it for a challenge, not much of a challenge having billions of dollars in Blue Square Premier. I’d rather have other features introduced, or even current ones improved. I’m not trying to force my opinion onto anyone, I just don’t see it as a feature that’ll be used by the majority of the community.

Of course you do realise not all the money you have been paid would be available don't you??

Tax, house, car, children, grandchildren, food, etc etc.

No-one makes it to 75yo without spending a high % of their income.

EDIT

What happens if the club you want to invest in has a chairman/board that is happy and doesn't want to leave?

Fair enough - you don't get all the earnings. And the tax man comes after you - whatever. Won't make that much of a difference.

Who said anything about ousting the Chairman? I said you invest in the club. Clubs get investors a lot of the time.

Alright, I may have mis-read your post, you won’t own the club, but I really can’t see how this will make people play 50+ seasons of FM.

The people that do play for that long usually start off in lower leagues, and do it for a challenge, not much of a challenge having billions of dollars in Blue Square Premier. I’d rather have other features introduced, or even current ones improved. I’m not trying to force my opinion onto anyone, I just don’t see it as a feature that’ll be used by the majority of the community.

You speaking for the community now?

Are you reading this thread, you know what this thread is about? This thread is about ideas to use your money that you've earned in the game. this is my idea.

I have other ideas on how to improve the other areas of the game too - they are in other threads.

As I said it's not realistic managing a club at 125 years of age. And I do play really long saves.

I would much prefer that at 75 or whatever that I do actually retire and you do make money in the game. So it could be just a use of that. Plus maybe a bit of a bonus for you for playing a career that long.

Your career could have spanned the lower leagues and you really didn't earn that much. Or you could be manager of the higher leauges and you earned a lot.

But whatever the earnings you have, it would be nice to be able to - as an option - to reinvest your earnings.

As I said, I don’t see the point in having a feature that the minority of players might use. It honestly wouldn’t bother me if it was included, as I’d just click no, one extra button to press, but I’d really rather other features improved before this is even considered.

edit: What percentage of the FM community actually plays until they are 125? If it’s the age that bothers you, change it. If it’s money you want to invest, change it. You can already do everything you’ve said, all you have done is add a back story to it.

Fair enough - you don't get all the earnings. And the tax man comes after you - whatever. Won't make that much of a difference.

So you get what? 10% if your lucky.

Who said anything about ousting the Chairman? I said you invest in the club. Clubs get investors a lot of the time.

To invest in a club you either become part of the board or its an investment where you agree a return on your investment.

What about the current owners of the clubs? it maybe a single owner, a board or even a fans trust all of which may or may not want your investment.

On the surface it might sound simple but very quickly it can become very complicated.

As I said, I don’t see the point in having a feature that the minority of players might use. It honestly wouldn’t bother me if it was included, as I’d just click no, one extra button to press, but I’d really rather other features improved before this is even considered.

edit: What percentage of the FM community actually plays until they are 125? If it’s the age that bothers you, change it. If it’s money you want to invest, change it. You can already do everything you’ve said, all you have done is add a back story to it.

If you don't see the point then you really need to open your mind up a bit.

If you think that minority of people will use it then what's the harm in adding it? You can use or not use it. If 1% or 10% or 50% or 99% of people use it then so what?

One extra button to click???? ARe you kidding me? One extra button to click over a 35 year period! When you retire you will have one extra click. Hardly worth crying over mate.

So you think it's ok for a computer game that simulates football management to allow the manager to be 100 or 125 years of age managing a club? The oldest man in the world managing a football club? Are you for realz?

Yeh I can change the data, I can retire when I'm 75 and Add a new manager.

But why can't I use my earnings to reinvest into a club? It's a nice idea that whomever reaches into the long of a career game can simply use if they want.

As you've said - not a lot of people do this long career. So it really won't bother anyone then.

So you get what? 10% if your lucky.

To invest in a club you either become part of the board or its an investment where you agree a return on your investment.

What about the current owners of the clubs? it maybe a single owner, a board or even a fans trust all of which may or may not want your investment.

On the surface it might sound simple but very quickly it can become very complicated.

Why are you concerned about this? The money goes into the club. Your profile is retired and message pops up "Club gets investment from Eugene of xxx amount the board thanks him"

Simple really.

If you don't see the point then you really need to open your mind up a bit.

If you think that minority of people will use it then what's the harm in adding it? You can use or not use it. If 1% or 10% or 50% or 99% of people use it then so what?

One extra button to click???? ARe you kidding me? One extra button to click over a 35 year period! When you retire you will have one extra click. Hardly worth crying over mate.

So you think it's ok for a computer game that simulates football management to allow the manager to be 100 or 125 years of age managing a club? The oldest man in the world managing a football club? Are you for realz?

Yeh I can change the data, I can retire when I'm 75 and Add a new manager.

But why can't I use my earnings to reinvest into a club? It's a nice idea that whomever reaches into the long of a career game can simply use if they want.

As you've said - not a lot of people do this long career. So it really won't bother anyone then.

If you read my post, I wasn’t whinging about clicking one extra button? And I said it wouldn’t bother me if it was included, but I just CAN’T SEE THE POINT. It probably wouldn’t bother a lot of people, but I’d much rather an existing feature be improved, rather than what is essentially a cosmetic feature being introduced.

The game simulates being a FOOTBALL MANAGER, not a bloody CHAIRMAN. If you want to put this into real terms and be a complete idiot about it, what manager retires at 80 and leaves his entire savings to a club to ‘invest?’ Are you for realz?

Whatever you have suggested can be done already, so really, there is no point. All it does is add a little, tiny, story as to why that club is rich, that is all. It does nothing else. Just edit the money in, and save the time SI would have to take to implement the feature.

KTHXBAII.

If you read my post, I wasn’t whinging about clicking one extra button? And I said it wouldn’t bother me if it was included, but I just CAN’T SEE THE POINT. It probably wouldn’t bother a lot of people, but I’d much rather an existing feature be improved, rather than what is essentially a cosmetic feature being introduced.

I absolutely 100% agree. But this thread is NOT ABOUT improviing existing features. I want those fixed toooooo like anybody else.

But this thread is NOT ABOUT THAT!

The game simulates being a FOOTBALL MANAGER, not a bloody CHAIRMAN. If you want to put this into real terms and be a complete idiot about it, what manager retires at 80 and leaves his entire savings to a club to ‘invest?’ Are you for realz?

WHO said anything about becoming a Chairman???? Who siad that? Where? When? Give me their name?

Not age 80 - but Niall Quinn was part of a Consortium that took over Sunderland.

I can't think of any off the top of my head but I'm willing to bet they have a choice.

And this is a computer GAME. Not real life. So a bit of fun added does nobody any harm.

So you want to compare to real life - when does premier league club hire a manager that was a Sunday footballer nobody to manage their team???? NEVER. So that's your realism gone already.

Whatever you have suggested can be done already, so really, there is no point. All it does is add a little, tiny, story as to why that club is rich, that is all. It does nothing else. Just edit the money in, and save the time SI would have to take to implement the feature.

Why do I need to use an editor? Why can't it be built into the game? I can edit the game to do anything. But I don't edit the game.

Yes it would give the club a backstory in how they got nice investment. So what? It would be a decent addition and a use of the money.

And the USE of the MONEY YOU EARN, is the point of this thread. No other feature is being talked about here.

KTHXBAII.

Childish.

Actually is there any use for your salary as Manager other than to drain your clubs resources? I always negotiate mine down to the lowest amount allowed by the board (usually about 1/2 what my ass man makes). But I do the 2938448 seasons at one club saves. In the journeymans does having a baller salary get you better gigs or ....?

guessing the answer is....not so much.

(FWIW I was actually just thinking the other day "wtf is the point of getting paid...unless I could buy some scrubby team and be mah own Chairperson, rename the side Team Awesome and the like...)

The point in your wages is related to your reputation I think? If you're getting paid €80,000 a year at Real Madrid then a team like Wigan won't approach you as manager. But if you're a succesful manager at Wigan getting paid €45,000 a week then Real may offer you the job if it comes up.

guessing the answer is....not so much.

(FWIW I was actually just thinking the other day "wtf is the point of getting paid...unless I could buy some scrubby team and be mah own Chairperson, rename the side Team Awesome and the like...)

Your salary/contract affects how likely the board are to sack you and also how likely you are to receive offers to manage other clubs.

I absolutely 100% agree. But this thread is NOT ABOUT improviing existing features. I want those fixed toooooo like anybody else.

But this thread is NOT ABOUT THAT!

Well if you read the OP, it’s about having a leader-board (which I think is a nice idea), so we’ve both de-railed the thread.

WHO said anything about becoming a Chairman???? Who siad that? Where? When? Give me their name?

Alright, that’s my bad. Whenever someone talks about investing money into a club, I instantly think ‘CHAIRMAN’ due to the times it’s been brought up, and the monkeys that go so far as into suggesting that they want to run the club. That would be the death of FM.

Not age 80 - but Niall Quinn was part of a Consortium that took over Sunderland.

I can't think of any off the top of my head but I'm willing to bet they have a choice.

And this is a computer GAME. Not real life. So a bit of fun added does nobody any harm.

I just had a look on Google, Niall Quinn is a CHAIRMAN, not just an INVESTOR. Also he was a past player, not a manager that decides on his death bed to invest hundreds of millions into a football club. So please, once again, tell me someone who has done this, so we can take an inch of realism into here.

Drumaville Consortium

Why do I need to use an editor? Why can't it be built into the game? I can edit the game to do anything. But I don't edit the game.

Yes it would give the club a backstory in how they got nice investment. So what? It would be a decent addition and a use of the money.

And the USE of the MONEY YOU EARN, is the point of this thread. No other feature is being talked about here.

I don’t edit the game either. This is one of the few games I do well at without cheating. This feature is not worth a backstory, if you want a club to have billions, use an editor. It takes less time, and is just about as ‘realistic’ as your idea. There we go, an alternative mate. And the money you earn, what about the money you spend. There is no end to this, it’ll just be shambles.

Childish.

KTHXBAII.

The point in your wages is related to your reputation I think? If you're getting paid €80,000 a year at Real Madrid then a team like Wigan won't approach you as manager. But if you're a succesful manager at Wigan getting paid €45,000 a week then Real may offer you the job if it comes up.

This. It’s all about job security.

To be honest, you are both being childish...grow up! It's just a game! Somebody made a suggestion, so be constructive in your criticism!

That’s just poking the fire isn’t it? I told him I’m not bothered if the feature was included (and it sure as hell isn’t my decision), as it’s just an extra click. But there’s so much more that can be improved before we have cosmetic features like this brought in. So I really can’t see the point.

That’s just poking the fire isn’t it? I told him I’m not bothered if the feature was included (and it sure as hell isn’t my decision), as it’s just an extra click. But there’s so much more that can be improved before we have cosmetic features like this brought in. So I really can’t see the point.

Yes, I know. I don't think the feature should be included, but just chillax mate. This thread is becoming ponitless, it needs to be closed anyway as this is going nowhere.

Gandy - my problem wasn't with you not agreeing - you just didn't understand what I posted at first.

It's all sorted now.

I'm for the idea of reinvesting your earnings but it's not everyone's cup-o-tea.

=================================================

A leader-board? Not sure if I'll be on board for that - I'd much rather use my hard earned money to reinvest into a club - like my boyhood team of Leeds. Or even to an Irish club like Shamrock Rovers or something.

================================================

I don't think it needs to be closed. It's a good discussion. Ok I got a bit carried away with Gandy - but that's over now.

================================================

Thinking of other ways that you could use the money

1. Start a youth training camp (like Beckhams or Nevilles)?

That's all I've got :)

===================================

Going back to the leaderboard - it's not a bad idea. Not sure how it work actually - I'm not against it. If it was fun then I'm all for it.

Ye, no hard feelings, was a good discussion. I can see where you’re coming from, I just don’t see the point. But we’ll leave it where it is.

I’d like the leader board, perhaps not a wage-based, but having it points based. A world-wide Hall of Fame, perhaps separate for LLM and other users.

With the training camp idea, it’d have to be thought out very carefully. I seem to remember Manchester City (when they just got taken over) got affiliated with Perth Glory, and had plans to build world-class training grounds, or a youth academy (I honestly can’t remember, but I can re-call murmurs of the sort). I’d have liked that, it might have spiked the interest of football in Perth.

I am probably going to get shot down in flames here, but what I would like to see is perhaps team bonding. I know recently West Ham went go-kart racing, and more recently went to Portugal to train mid-week. Maybe spending a bit of cash on team bonding could be a feature, who knows?

Archived