Is it possible to bring top Brazilian players back to Brazil?

Saw the other day that Luis Fabiano is going back to Brazil over the past few years there seems to be a few players going back either transferred or on loan deals. Vagner Love, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Luis Fabiano, Robinho, Elano and Fred are the main ones I can think of. Does FM simulate this part at all or is it just not possible?

I think its less likely in FM because it seems in some cases 'sponsors' step in to pay the players substantial wages, the clubs alone can't afford this and there is no real means of seeking sponsors to stump up the wages for these kinds of players. On that front Brazil is behind and ultimately when the money isn't there then the players won't be either I suspect.

I see your point but why does the game represent Ronaldinho as being on 125k, surely that money comes out of our bank balance if we played as Flamengo?

Maybe there should be some sort of system implemented to make it a possibility.

I think its less likely in FM because it seems in some cases 'sponsors' step in to pay the players substantial wages, the clubs alone can't afford this and there is no real means of seeking sponsors to stump up the wages for these kinds of players. On that front Brazil is behind and ultimately when the money isn't there then the players won't be either I suspect.

I'm in 2016 with São Paulo FC, having won everything, and have a transfer budget of U$ 300 million, and can pay higher wages than many european teams, and even so the top brazilian players refuse to negotiate contracts with me, even a 34 years old Kaká, wich has São Paulo as his favorite club and me as a favorite personnel. So this is not working properly at the moment. I think that not only the brazilians players should be interest, but even europeans, if I pay them well enough.

Alot of the time the clubs only own 20 to 50 percent of the player, so the club isen't paying a lot of the money for a top young player or a class player coming back to brazil, the league over there is getting better and better at the moment, lots more money being pumped in, and as always a shed load of amazing youngsters that will be heading to europe anytime soon.

When i was over there i read that Brazil as collective in terms of clubs have sold a billion pounds worth of players overseas, that's an incredible stat and shows how thankful we should be for a nation to produce so many talented players that we can watch. The sad thing is the players chasing money, which you cant blame but the motivation to make it as a superstar is less appealing when you can sit on a good wage and be looked after, they struggle to adapt to our culture and like to enjoy the finer things in life, partying, drinking, drugs, girls.. look at Jobson or Adriano, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Elano, just a few to name.

they struggle to adapt to our culture and like to enjoy the finer things in life, partying, drinking, drugs, girls.. look at Jobson or Adriano, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Elano, just a few to name.

That's true, and unfortunatly most clubs and agents don´t care much for the education of their young prospects, who often come from poor/troubled families. Unfortunatly players like Leonardo and Raí are the exception.

That's true, and unfortunatly most clubs and agents don´t care much for the education of their young prospects, who often come from poor/troubled families. Unfortunatly players like Leonardo and Raí are the exception.

no offence, but they also have parties, drinks, drugs and girls in Brazil....and on the beach...with better food and the women dress naked...

Or it could just be as simple as they have different incentives and motivations than YOU would if you were in their shoes (bazzillion dollar contracts are nice, but maybe so is making enough to buy your mom a home and call it a day). Don't judge unless you've been in those shoes.

It happens to most threads I take part in. I gotta stop it.

Perhaps there should be a way to make the Brazilian League more attractive to South Americans?

Yeah me too :)

And maybe they could show them the woman in their birthday suits like we said earlier..

It would make me want to go.. :D

Or maybe a hidden attribute to make players more likely to return home late on in their career. Or when things arent going too well

It doesn't matter what turn the thread takes I quite like reading threads that do go that way lol.

I just wish it was more possible surely with it getting more common there must be a way to make this happen.

*snip*

Maybe a hidden attribute to make players more likely to return home late on in their career. Or when things arent going too well ..

A variable adaptability perhaps, though I would think this would be nearly impossible to implement, and possibly frustrating for managers that have star Brazilians that just decide to kick up a fuss and decided to go home (I think Robinho is the only one I can think that has done this recently).

Not sure how relevant you find this, but...

I'm harvesting brazilian youngsters in my Norwegian save(around 3 per season). A few years later, when I'm forced to sell them, the big brazilian clubs are almost always bidding, and they get the player quite often. The transfers we're talking about here ranges from arund 3million pounds to the current record 10 million transfer(which went to spartak moskva).. Some of them have been bught back by a europran side a few years later though.

Archived