Bit Of Advice Regarding Injury Prone Players...

Ok so here's the the situation, i have a player who is by far my best striker, bangs them in for fun.

However it says he is somewhat prone to injuries (dont know if he was when he joined so can this be developed during a game?)

Anyway over the last in game season/season and a half he has barely played any football. Missed most of last season (got injured), missed most of the pre season friendlies (got injured in an early friendly). i managed to get him back for the start of the season and made him available for the reserves until match fit. he made an appearance for the last 10 minutes of a league game and got throught it. Then he made an appearance for the reserves and low and behold he is out injured again for some time.

My questions are how can i stop these injuries from constantly keeping him out of my team?

I've recently changed his training schedule but haven't had time to see if this will have an effect yet as he is still injured.

Also is their anyway of making a player less prone to being injured? So he no longer is prone to injuries as im sure footballers have got over niggling injuries in the past?

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated as like i said he is my best striker and would love to have him back in the first team on a regular basis.

I’ve always tried to keep away from injury prone strikers, but I think if you lower his workload (i.e. his training, match prep) and maybe re-introduce him slower back from injury, you might see some improvement. And as far as I know, there isn’t a way to make a player less injury prone, but I hope I can be proven wrong on that one.

Perhaps making him an impact sub, or selling him off while you can still make a profit and re-invest? Surely he is replaceable?

Thanks for the reply,

I'm thinking that selling him on me be the only thing i can do as he is on a big wage for the division im playing in, blue square prem.

As to buying a replacement, it could take a while to find someone thats up to filling the role.

With the lower leagues, aren’t fast strikers beasts? I’ve never played LLM, so I have no idea.

Only use him when you have to.

For example if he has scored 3 goals and you are 5-0 up at half time take him off. Also if he is being targeted for fouls by the opposition. Using a quality player who is injury prone effectiveley but sparingly is difficult to do. You have just got to get the balance right.

Ive started using him sparingly and so far so good, he has made around 4 apperances so far since returning from injury but not 90 minute games.

bagged a couple of important goals too and ive takin of reserve team duty all together. id rather use him half games than let him get injured in a reserve game that makes no difference to me if we win or lose.

ive reduced his physical training too but kept his aerobic a high as his pace is his biggest attribute. so far so good, ill let you know if he losses his injury prone status lol

I've had a lot of success with Torres by making sure I sub him as soon as he's made his impact, even if that's at half time, and lowering his overall training work load and things like that. It worked great for me as he only missed a couple of weeks the entire season.

Did he not get unhappy at not playing 90 minute games?

Glad to hear it works, i was worried at first that he wouldnt have as big an impact on my team only playing 45 mins. seems to be fine so far but as you have said im glad he cAn still play a big role at the club because he is my best striker goals/games wise.

No he seems fine with it, never had any complaints about substitutions. I guess it's because I usually wait until he's peaked in each game, and then bring him off, rather than leaving him on despite him having done all he can. It also gives me a good opportunity to use other players.

Archived