Football Manager ZX Spectrum

Firstly, if this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry.

My dad had the original game and still plays it.

Anyway there is an emulator that lets you play the game.

I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a go and the first person to win the league post a screen shot here.

If it's a daft idea, fair enough, but it's interesting to see all those ancient players on the game, and after all, it is Football Manager (but not as we know it).

If you're interested the link is..

http://www.zxspectrum.net/

Just click "Football Manager" and away you go.

Guest ToshLines
Firstly, if this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry.

My dad had the original game and still plays it.

Anyway there is an emulator that lets you play the game.

I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a go and the first person to win the league post a screen shot here.

If it's a daft idea, fair enough, but it's interesting to see all those ancient players on the game, and after all, it is Football Manager (but not as we know it).

If you're interested the link is..

http://www.zxspectrum.net/

Just click "Football Manager" and away you go.

bahahaha I used to spend hours playing this game. The good thing was that it was bug free ;)

I used to play this game to death. And "The Boss" on the ZX Spectrum.

On "The Boss" the players had 1 attribute I think, he was rated 1-9 (9 being the nuts). And you bought/sold on 100k per level; i.e. if he was rated 9 he was 900k to buy/sell.

Saving your game was a lottery. You had to get a blank cassette, put it in the cassette player and pray!! I don't know how I coped!! :) But it was all we knew...and groundbreaking for it's time.

I wonder if in 20 years time you will be able to play FM11 and scoff at the limitations of it, the simplicity etc.

By then I expect to be putting on a helmet, watching the match from a dugout, and actually smelling the soggy pies and overpriced stewed tea wafting from the crowd in a virtual world.

There's only about 25 players in the game. None of the teams use actual players, and none of the players have actual attributes - it's all random numbers (iirc 1-20 for attack, midfield and defence, and 1-5 for each player). They all get randomly changed every season as well.

Archived