Difficulty in finding loan players

Is it just me or is it very difficult to find players for loan after the first season. Whether it be through the loan list or by asking your assistant, nobody ever seems to come up.

Here's an example: Coming up to the start of the fourth season and I ask my assistant to look at Birmingham for loan players. He says none are available so I check the reserves and then get offers for 4 players accepted. Granted, none of those accepted but my assistant finds no players for any position. I foiund this a great help in my first season but after that, it hasn't worked. I have a good assistant manager for my level (Blue Square Premier) yet still nothing? Add this to the fact that my board can never find a suitable parent team (I'm Corby) and I'm finding hard to bring in any loan players at all as I don't really have the patience to manually look through every League 1/2 team's reserves.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a common problem?

Thanks.

I havent managed to loan a single player. Despite trying for england. I'm bromley in the blue square prem and nobody from the prem to league 1 will come and below that arent worth loaning anyway.

I suppose thats more realistic as in older versions I would easily loan future premier league stars for my none league team when in reality theres no chance they would be loaned out to that level. Infact for a bit more realism the premier league and championship clubs should reject my offers but they always accept.

Makes it harder but I dont really mind that because I feel its more realistic.

It would be nice/easier if the assman when set to filter out unrealistic targets takes into account that its only for a loan and not a buy. They dont seem too.

I managed to get a few in my first season as Havant & Waterlooville in the BSS but every year since then I've not been able to.

It's not realism though, lots of non-league clubs draft in loan players, they probably use the loan market more than league clubs do. If you look at other teams in the division (Blue Square Premier), most of them have at least one player on loan and the majority of them are from League 1/2 teams.

Yeah, when I use the player search, the only players left are BSS/BSN players and I have no interest in loaning them as I'm a division higher. Definitely needs looking at.

This is an extremely serious problem, since it restricts our chances on improving our small teams - loans are our one of the biggest aspects of LLM.

I completely agree Sinner, it definitely puts you at a disadvantage compared to other teams in your league. It's frustrating as I don't remember it being as difficult in previous versions.

I'm still getting loans with Hereford in League 1 Season 2, Ben Mee from Man City, Jacopo Sala from Chelsea and Dean Bouzanis from Liverpool (who's photo shows him to have a Peacock-type hairstyle without the dye yet he only has Flair of -1- o.0 )

original save 1.1.1 using 11.3 patch

I think being a part time club might have a bigger effect than before. Young pros wont move to a part time club on loan. That could be the reason as leauge 2 clubs on my save seem to be loaning premier players.

I have had no problem loaning players, in season 2011-2012 with Rangers I loaned Wellbeck and Macheda who scored 70 goals between them. Also Tom Cleverley and Phillipe Senderos who were amongst my teams best performers. This season I have acquired a few more big name loan signings.

Archived