Average Positions / Heatmap - watching the same game?!

My team are playing a wide game, pressing high up the pitch.

Both wide men are Wingers, and set to 'Hug Touchline'.

Team is set to play Attacking, and as Wide as they can.

So do are my two Wingers spending their time, according to the average, in the centre circle?!

boltonnewcastle.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do your wingers swap sides ever? This would obviously distort their average position a lot. Also, do either of them have PPMs that could affect it, sucjh as Cuts Inside, or Runs With Ball Through Centre?

No. In this formation they are orthodox wingers. I haven't set them to swap.

Jonas likes to cut inside, but in this tactic both wingers have been told to hug the touchline.

No idea why they are both ending up in the middle of the park.

Very silly...

Actually, Ben Arfa has 'runs with ball through centre'.

Again, I have instructed him to remain wide.

Unless my instructions are just being completely ignored, which the heat map would suggest is the case.

Jonas looks like he's doing his preferred move to 'cut inside'.

Ben Arfa looks like he's 'running with ball through centre'.

They've both been specifically told not to.

Anyone from SI - which is the more powerful in FM11? Managerial instructions, or players preferred moves?

put screenies of just their heat map and their player instruction sliders/settings up. I cant tell their average positions on that pic ^^ but if they're meant to be 'wide' and they're 'not' most likely means they're coming looking for the ball...

What formation are you lining up against? If they have to mark a diamond midfield, then they'll find themselves coming inside v.often.

Have you tried watching the highlights and seeing for yourself if your men are wide when you need them to be? Could just be a buggy heat map.

Archived