Minimum Release Clause, is this an oops?

Just noticed the minimum release clause before I sent off an offer.

Wondering whether it is a realistic figure, if it were, would that not make him virtually impossible to buy.

screenshot20110313at620.png

At the very least it is a tad excessive :rolleyes:

Real Madrid can accept, or reject, any offer under £217m. However if you bid £217m, they'll have to accept it.

I believe every player in La Liga needs to have a buyout clause. Some are affordable and some aren't. It's what happens in real life. Even average players have buyouts in the hundreds of millions. You can understand where Madrid are coming from by having it so high for a first teamer like Ozil.

Not every player puts a min fee release in their contracts, i don't think there are any rules about it. But it is prevalent in Spain, especially among Real and Barca players. It's quite pointless in my opinion, to have a 800mill clause. Even if you put it at £150mill + n-one would touch it

If a superstar is valued at 40m in the game, the club you buy him from would accept 200m anyway, its not like they will reject it until you bid 800m. Pretty much, if you want to buy a superstar, you are going to have to pay upwards of 4.5 X his current value unfortunately

Real Madrid can accept, or reject, any offer under £217m. However if you bid £217m, they'll have to accept it.

I believe every player in La Liga needs to have a buyout clause. Some are affordable and some aren't. It's what happens in real life. Even average players have buyouts in the hundreds of millions. You can understand where Madrid are coming from by having it so high for a first teamer like Ozil.

I thought that was true as well?

Archived