does club reputation increase over time in game?

Im into the 2012/2013 season and I just got the Tottenham job.

Before that my job list read

1.Bath(promotion to League 2)

2.Bradford City(Promotion to League 1)

3. Man U(ended up 5th in the same season)

Spurs job now from November.

My question is that, IRL Man U is obviously the more popular option and how come not so at this point in the game?

Options Enabled:Reject bids below asking price,Apply for jobs at higher rep clubs

All Preferences except No Sacking enabled

Regards

Ivan in Singapore

• SI Staff

Club reputations do morph and change over time in the game depending on their performances, just as they do irl.

At that stage in 'future history' though I'd expect that Man Utd's reputation is very high - did Spurs win anything? - are you sure sure that your services weren't dispensed with (its entirely possible that Man Utd might sack you for a 5th placed finish for instance - in which case any job then becomes a 'higher reputation job').

• 2 weeks later...

I knew there was a Reputation thread already.

I'm just wondering and have a few questions about the mechanisms and criteria to getting jobs when you're not by far the best ranked and decorated manager on the game.

I started with Crewe Alexadra and have 986 manager points and my reputation is Regional.

How many reputation types are there ? ... eg. Local

How many manager points does it take to get to each of those standards ?

Am I correct in assuming the Manager Rank doesn't mean a whole lot because mine is 8th and managers far far below me are getting the better jobs ?

What will my reputation have to be to get a Premier League job ?

What will it have to be to get a job at a club in the Champions League ?

Cheers Ears.

• SI Staff

There are 5 different ranks:

World Class

Continental

National

Regional

Local

These aren't allocated by 'manager rank' at all - but by the managers 'reputation' in the game world (which takes into account longer term things like experience and suchlike); this does mean that there isn't a direct approximate from the 'rank or reputation' type to how job applications are decided.

(although generally if you have a higher rank then obviously your in game reputation will be high also ...)

Job applications go through the process of a club ascertaining who out of the available interested managers they consider the 'best' at that time for the job - if you as a human are the best then you'll get a job offer .... this is pretty much how things go irl also (if you're already at a large club then an 'offer' is less likely as they won't want to be embaressed if you turn them down, but an application will indicate to them you are interested).

I have had to quit my Crewe game. I still cant get near a Premier League job. I have won League2, League1, The Championship, The FA Cup, reached the Europa League later stages and finished 5th in my first season in the Premier League. If a manager did all that inside 5 seasons while making a profit they would be able to walk into lots of Premier League clubs with a stampede of delighted fans. I just cant continue with Crewe winning anymore is stupid. This needs to be changed and made better somehow for next years game because playing in the lower leagues and working your way up is so annoyingly unrealistic.

• SI Staff

Daniel, presuming you're on the iPhone - if you still have that save game please email it to me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) and I'll use it as a test case to tune this side of things (and you won't have to wait for next year I'll slot it into an update).

Archived