Past manager's performance getting me sacked.

First, I sincerely apologize if this has been talked about at length, I'm not very good at searching this site.

Anyways, I find that whenever I join a struggling club in the middle of a season, within half a dozen games or so, the board wants to sack me, even though I've won like four and drawn one of the matches.

They want to sack me for the very reason they hired me, namely, the club is low in the table.

Is there some way to fix this? It's obviously insanely unrealistic.

I'm running WSM 8.0.2

Thanks.

I've seen a few threads regarding board confidence, and it seems like it's an issue with the latest version of the game.

I've had a few such issues in my game. Not the same issue you're having, but typically something like "the board think you should be performing better in your role as manager" when we're mid-table, and the board expectation was for a mid-table finish. icon_confused.gif

Whenever i've taken over a club half way through it says something like

'We are not judging your performances because you havent been here for the majority of the games'

SOmething like that

This is very much a board confidence flaw. A lot of people have mentioned it before and hopefully SI have taken note.

It happened to me at A. Madrid, I took over and they were ten points off safety in 19th place, with 10 games to go. I won all ten games and took the club up to an impressive 13th, and was promptly sacked for my poor league and Uefa cup performance icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

This is very much a board confidence flaw. A lot of people have mentioned it before and hopefully SI have taken note.

It happened to me at A. Madrid, I took over and they were ten points off safety in 19th place, with 10 games to go. I won all ten games and took the club up to an impressive 13th, and was promptly sacked for my poor league and Uefa cup performance icon_mad.gif

Yeah well, you should have won the league. And you know what? I can't help thinking you should have qualified for the World Cup, too.

Ah, the Shinowatra Syndrome. I've almost played victim to this since joining Nottingham Forest in League 1.

They were stranded down the lower end of the table, with a poor squad, near the end of the season. Disappointed with my low finish, so I had to ask them to give me more time to turn things round.

It is a bit irritating.

on a similar note, somebody uploaded an Arsenal game because he just couldn't score or win. i won 5 in a row, lost the 6th to man utd 1-0 at OT in a close game and got the sack. first time since fm06, but technically it don't count icon_razz.gif

i rarely change clubs during a season, more likely to do so at the end of a campaign when contracts run out.

Archived