Record Breakers!

Not sure if this is the right forum? Sorry if it's the wrong place to put this.

I'm playing as Barcelona for the first time after many years of playing FM. I was inspired to start a game as Barca after they outclassed Arsenal last week. Anyway, I knew it was going to be easier than my other games to play as Barca but I appear to have hit on a very, very good run of form and it got me thinking what are other people's records? So far I have gone 13 games without conceding and won all 13 games! I'm hoping to keep this run going of course but I wanted to see other peoples records. Is there a forum or a post where people record this stuff?

fcbarcelonabarcelonafix.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks, I've had my share of luck on this run though. In the 2-0 victory over At. Madrid I was down to 9 men after 37 mins! Plus in the Benfica game Cardoza had a goal disallowed for being fractionally offside and they hit the woodwork twice... takes a bit of luck I guess on runs like this!

Stevo_99, no massive changes. I'm playing with the database from the start of the season - so none of the January transfers are there but I do have the latest patch. I started with the no transfers in the first window option so haven't bought anyone.

I tried to model my tactics on the way Barcelona play in real life and so far I think I have it spot on. I create many chances each game and all of them tend to be in the tiki-taka style of play, lots of build up, lots of neat quick passing and working the ball through the defence.

I have posted the tactic on Atomic Gamer here as I'm not sure if I can attach it to this post? This is what the formation looks like.

fcbarcelonabarcelonatac.png

The only small changes I have made in match is adding the quick tactics "retain possession" and "work ball into the box" but I only do that if I'm not creating enough chances. The one game I changed things radically was when I went down to 9 men in the 2-0 win over At. Madrid. I went to a 4-3-1-0 tactic and played counter attacking style. You can watch that match here.

this since the new patch, yeah? I think that the ME is now interpreting tactics much much better, really good tactics are now great tactics! If you have your tactics right and you properly motivate the players then it's almost 'too easy'. FWIW my record is 21 unbeaten in the league (20 since the new patch) with a 12 win, score draw, 8 win sequence (but I've since lost three of five friendlies :p). Just about to start season two and hoping the run continues :)

Well my run of wins on the trot was 21, ended by Real Madrid. They broke my perfect league defensive record too, with a 1-1 draw.

fcbarcelonabarcelonafixt.png

So my record for wins without conceding is 13, ended by Benfica in the Champions League, though I won a classic match 3-2.

My record for consecutive wins was 21 games, ended by Real Madrid in the 1-1 draw.

But my run of consecutive games without losing continues!

Very nice, I play a similar formation with Liverpool, but with your left striker in the AML position, Can see why/how'd this work tho, V interesting.

Yeah I have since played the same as you in your Liverpool game because of injuries to Messi, Pedro and Bojan. I had to play Iniesta in AML and Jeffren in AMR.

When playing with a lob sided front two like in my tactic above it seems to pull both CB's out wide, allowing the midfield to push into the gap.

Yeah I have since played the same as you in your Liverpool game because of injuries to Messi, Pedro and Bojan. I had to play Iniesta in AML and Jeffren in AMR.

When playing with a lob sided front two like in my tactic above it seems to pull both CB's out wide, allowing the midfield to push into the gap.

Yup and normally they're queuing up in the penalty box anyway :D

WOW! What a season, that's all I can say! I never imagined that the team would perform like this throughout the season!

ligabbvainformationleag.png

I won the Supercopa earlier in the season and the Copa del Rey 3-0 against Real Madrid too!

Last game of the season... Champions League Final against Chelsea.... 3-0 victory!

• 2 months later...

Ok I haven't played FM for a bit but I resumed my Barcelona game recently and unfortunately Real Madrid ended my dream run! I lost Messi to injury the game before and I feel this was a big factor, but in fairness they outplayed me and I had been fortunate to scrape a result in a few games along the way. All three goals in this game were outstanding!

markbrooksnewsinbox.png

Here's the final record, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to recreate this kind of form.

ligabbvahistoryrecords.png

fcbarcelonahistoryrecor.png

Here are my results for the season up until the defeat.

Archived