Warned by the FA

You can criticise the ref as many times as you like - so long as you're justified in doing so, i.e. it was an obviously incorrect call.

The FA only acts if the ref was correct (Or, if it was a 50/50 call, in which case the ref is correct :D ). In those cases, criticising the ref will subject you to discipline.

I check the commentary and the full-page after-match summary to see what they say about it - if it's clear that the call was blatantly bad, I look for the opportunity in the press conference, and then I unleash.

I don't know if there's any in-game benefit from doing so, but sometimes it gives me a little bit of satisfaction, like when a referee recently awarded a penalty against me 6 minutes in - when it was quite obvious to every other person viewing the incident that there had been no infringement. That single goal was the difference that knocked me out of the national cup, so as we say in Australia, I was ropable.

You can criticise the ref as many times as you like - so long as you're justified in doing so, i.e. it was an obviously incorrect call.

The FA only acts if the ref was correct (Or, if it was a 50/50 call, in which case the ref is correct :D ). In those cases, criticising the ref will subject you to discipline.

I check the commentary and the full-page after-match summary to see what they say about it - if it's clear that the call was blatantly bad, I look for the opportunity in the press conference, and then I unleash.

I don't know if there's any in-game benefit from doing so, but sometimes it gives me a little bit of satisfaction, like when a referee recently awarded a penalty against me 6 minutes in - when it was quite obvious to every other person viewing the incident that there had been no infringement. That single goal was the difference that knocked me out of the national cup, so as we say in Australia, I was ropable.

Oh i just assume iam right and go Fergie on them, and calling them jokes even though in real life they do a bang up job :p

• 1 year later...

Just had a game where they've warned me and the media said the ref's were right on an offside call. Even though... The player was miles onside played on by TWO defenders. Even the offside lines showed the opposition line about five yards ahead of my striker's line... Left me flabberghasted, did they change the rules? O_o Oh and we had four goals called offside in that game, but it was just that one that was wrong.

I think I have seen ONE wrong call getting acknowledged as such in many years of playing...

It's either a ridiculous spell of bad luck (and exceptionally good refereeing) or the FA warnings are awarded almost by default, thus making the feature pretty useless.

I'd like more variety and more room for controversy/complaining... How many times you hear managers and players bitching like crazy for 50/50 calls and getting away with that anyway?

I had a wrong call acknowledged once on FM12. Some matches later I criticised the ref again, thinking that I was safe from bans because the (Spanish) FA had decided to be silent the first time. I wasn't, and obviously my team lost the first leg of the playoff 4-0 under my awful assistant. :mad::D

Archived