Back to FM2010!

The reoccuring problem of a slow and juddery 2d match engine with the patches has led me back to fm2010. Incredibly disapointing after spending money on a game that cannot be played properly. I realise the guys at FM work their hardest to produce a great game, but theres way too many flaws in the newest one. I hope they look into the problems with FM11 and make sure it doesnt happen again for FM12!!

I have been advised by alot of people to update my driver, but can't seem to find the right driver update (if it even needs it) for my computer.

I've got a Packard Bell Easynote TM86, Intel Core i3-330m processor, Intel HD Graphics, 500GB HDD, 4GB Memory and use windows 7.

I've said countless times now that all previous FM's worked as does FM11 without the patches, but as soon as the patches are added, the 2d match engine and commentary just ends up being less responsive and doesn't flow. I've looked on Intel's site, Packard Bell's site and can't seem to find a driver update that is linked with my laptop. If anyone could help, or find one I'd be eternally grateful!

My graphics card is called 'Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD. I just can't find an updated driver for it anywhere!

According to my laptop I have the most up to date driver! This is getting incredibly frustrating now. Intels website list all the drivers that look compatible, I try downloading and none of them are. I need help!

Also, in my honest opinion, I shouldn't have to mess around with my laptop settings to accomodate a new game/patch that should already be able to play on my laptop. Any other options here? All this driver update stuff still doesnt explain why the first FM11 11.0 works fine! Which is why i think theres something engrained in the patches that just doesnt like my system. I would continue playing the 11.0 version but for all the bugs!

According to my laptop I have the most up to date driver! This is getting incredibly frustrating now. Intels website list all the drivers that look compatible, I try downloading and none of them are. I need help!

Also, in my honest opinion, I shouldn't have to mess around with my laptop settings to accomodate a new game/patch that should already be able to play on my laptop. Any other options here? All this driver update stuff still doesnt explain why the first FM11 11.0 works fine! Which is why i think theres something engrained in the patches that just doesnt like my system. I would continue playing the 11.0 version but for all the bugs!

Sorry but as the owner/user it is your responsibility to do the housekeeping and keep it up to date.

Do you really expect someone from SI to come round your house and do it for you?

No, what I'm saying is I've bought a game that SHOULD have worked perfectly, going from my laptop specs and the FM minimum requirements. The patches have caused the hiccup, not my computer. I didnt have a clue about drivers etc until being told I needed to update mine. It's taking FM away from your average person who just wants to enjoy the game and for it to work. That's all I'm saying!

No, what I'm saying is I've bought a game that SHOULD have worked perfectly, going from my laptop specs and the FM minimum requirements. The patches have caused the hiccup, not my computer. I didnt have a clue about drivers etc until being told I needed to update mine. It's taking FM away from your average person who just wants to enjoy the game and for it to work. That's all I'm saying!

This is the problem.

Computers aren't simple pieces of equipment, there are lots of components being made by a large number of different manufacturers which are being changed/updated on a regular basis.

A lot has been done to make computers more user friendly for the average person but there is still plenty that you should be doing as a user to keep your computer working smoothly. Unfortunately too many people simply don't it.

The last Windows 7 update from Microsoft caused my 3d to become choppy but after a quick look I found I was using drivers from Oct 2010. I downloaded the newest version from February 2011 and everything is working fine again. However I didn't blame SI for this, it was my fault for not updating my system.

I'm not blaming SI really, even though it may sound like it! I'm just an FM addict like everyone else on here, and find it incredibly frustrating that I can't play the newest game to it's fullest capabilities thats all! By the sounds of it a driver update should help, it's just a case of finding the damn thing!

The driver date on mine actually says 18/12/2009, even though I've had this laptop for 6months max, so there should be an update out there somewhere. All the ones I've found on Intels site that look compatible aren't!

Didn't mean to rub you up the wrong way by the way and I'm appreciative of all the help I've had so far!

This is the Intel website for updates: Intel Download Center

You can run the "Intel Driver Update Utility" which is shown on the top banner which should scan your system and help you install the most up to date drivers.

Alternatively you can select underneath - You want "Graphics" "Labtop Graphics controllers" you need to check the third box but I suspect you need "Intel HD Graphics"

This will take you to the next screen where you select your version of windows and then the drivers are listed underneath - The latest seems to be from Feb 2011.

This is the frustrating thing, I've been trying to go through that a few times now. I select the right options, I download it and then it says "This driver is not validated for this computer, please contact the manufacturer to obtain the right one"

Even though I've selected all the right options, Windows 7 Premium (64 bit), HD Graphics etc, it still doesn't like it!

This is the frustrating thing, I've been trying to go through that a few times now. I select the right options, I download it and then it says "This driver is not validated for this computer, please contact the manufacturer to obtain the right one"

Even though I've selected all the right options, Windows 7 Premium (64 bit), HD Graphics etc, it still doesn't like it!

Ok, it means that you need to get them from the Packard Bell website: http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/download

Select:

Product Family - Notebook

Product Line - EasyNote

Product Model - EN TM86

It then gives you drop down boxes underneath to select your windows version & language and the latest drivers are listed underneath.

You should keep all your drivers up to date but at least for FM you'll need the graphics drivers & maybe also the audio drivers judging from my experience.

Hopefully then you should see an improvement in the 3d.

Good advice, thanks for helping out.

Things to update;

- Java.

- DirectX.

- Graphics Card drivers.

It is a bit tricky if you're not used to it, but Customer Services are there to help you out so you can always contact them if you continue to struggle.

Ok cool, cheers for the advice! I've got to the right section on the packard bell website. Do I need Intel turbo boost driver or VGA driver?

I don't know for sure but I would say given that its the Packard Bell website and you've selected the correct model number for your laptop all the drivers listed are relevant.

Archived