Creating a new young player

Have searched but found no help.

It is impossible to create a new young 15,16 year old player in the game that would turn out to be as good as say Steven Gerrard.

I am trying to add Raheem sterling to the game. A 15 year old with -9 PA and 100 CA. I enter his stats but when I start a game his stats are absolutely rubbish. I then checked with genie scout to see potential stats and they are still rubbish, only a 3-4 improvement on some areas.

I even created the new player from messi's stats, but again when you set CA to 100 the game lowers his stats so low, and again looking at him with genie scout he turns out to have poor stats in the future.

Looking in general young players stats only seem to improve at max by 4-5 throughout the game.

You can't set the CA of a 15 year old player too high as that would be unrealistic as the game will tell you they should be a 1st team player. But surely the pace, acceleration of this 15 year old could be 16-18 at start of game.

Can anyone tell me how to create a new young player with potential that WILL develop into a top player with good stats.

Hope this makes some sense. Have pics to show this but don't know how to show them here.

I don't think you can. FM has an in-built calculation that takes the CA and auto-amends the stats to match. You can't create a 15 year old superstar, and you can't guarantee any 15 year old will be a future world beater. Even Messi wasn't a guaranteed world beater - it's all about how you train them, develop them, etc.

I'd ignore the current stats Sterling's got (which will be rubbish, because he's 15 and the CA is 100), and instead train him, develop him, etc and he should (with luck) turn into a good player because of his high PA.

PA is not a guaranteed measure of future success, it's only what the player can become with development.

My point is with a fast player like sterling the game lowers his stats so much it makes him rubbish. No matter how you train him his stats only going to improve by 4-5 like all players do.

I've looked at this by using genie scout to see potential outcome. I've tried different things, but never can get the potentail stats to be even good.

I think I read in another thread somewhere that when creating a new young player (low CA) you have only got so many points to use. The example was Martin Kelly of Liverpool. Someone said his acceleration was too low and the researcher said he couldn't put it any higher because had used all "his points" and with the players still quite low CA others stats would have to be lower if the acceleration stat was to increase. He went on to say in future versions when Martin Kelly's CA has risen, his acceleration stat can be increased.

So giving a player high stats in a few areas uses up all their points, which results in the rest of their stats being very poor. So this really confirms my point its somewhat impossible to create a new young player that can turn out to be a very good player in the future.

It would be great if someone at SI could shed some light on this, or give some tips on how to create a good young player that will develop with good stats in most areas.

Well, I believe it has been mentioned that the differen attributes translates directly into CA. They are weighted by importance (both general and position specific) to balance each player. Giving a player high stats in a few areas uses up alot of points, but if the PA is high enough, he should still be able to develop his other skills to a decent level.

Good(and I guess you mean really good) stats in most areas is impossible, due to the afforementioned attributes-CA relationship, but there's nothing stopping you in making a new Gerrard, because his skills follow the same rules as everybody elses.

There once was a list in this forum (tactics and training?) that showed the weightings of different skills on different possitions, it might still be there if you're interested.

Archived