A serious error was encountered

Hi everyone,

My FM2011 keeps on crashing at the same point, 18th of June, 2020, on every save game that i have. It comes up with the message "A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in.." (it then gives a file name).

I've tried a lot of the things suggested in other thread such as disk defragmenting and a disk cleanup, as well as using my backup (which meant simming a whole season! :p) and that crashed at exactly the same time too!

I haven't changed anything with the database, but i was recently trying to put in new logos and kits onto the game, but not with a lot of success!

Is there anything else i could try? Because i would rather not have to start all over again and lose this save!

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if there's anyone working for SI that could make sense of the error file, so maybe you could send it to them? Or maybe it's SEGA that need it? Either way, there's support contact details so you could ask someone.

My personal opinion is that a date-specific crash is either down to a database edit or something "external" damaging the game, such as logo packs, etc. I'd uninstall all logo packs, added graphics and try loading the game with everything turned off and see what happens.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that!

Do you know if the graphics folder for FM11 is supposed to be empty, or if it's meant to have something in it? Because mine is empty after deleting the add-ons. If there is anything that's supposed to be in there, do you know where i could download a new one?

I didn't even have a graphics folder before I installed some so I think it's safe to delete. When you load the game, pick one of the default FM skins, and turn off player pics. However, I do think that a date specific crash is the game "refreshing" the leagues and it's getting a bit confused with promotions/relegations or transfers which is normally a result of a database change.

• 3 years later...

Archived